News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lectric FX DC Echo

Started by danfrank, July 31, 2020, 05:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danfrank

Haberdasher and Scruffie did super good with this one! A beautiful Analog delay that sounds even nicer than the DMM. I highly recommend for an analog delay.
Calibration was straight forward, scruffie did an excellent job with instructions.
And yes, I know, I outdid myself on the enclosure graphics. Lol! I'll probably take it out of the enclosure sometime in the future and give it a design or something.

Thewintersoldier

Awesome, I wanna hear this thing in the worst way. How would you describe it compared to other analog delays?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

EBK

Nice build!  That is a LOT of parts!
(I find myself wanting a Thai iced tea for some reason now though.   ;) )
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

danfrank

That was subliminal... You didn't see that... Lol! That was my family's food order tonight. I had to call it in while I was calibrating the delay.
@ tws: I've only played it for a few minutes after calibrating it and then it was only through computer speakers. I had the output plugged into the line in of the speakers. I'm sure I'll be able to better describe it once I plug in properly. First impressions are that it's similar to an old original memory man, it's warm sounding like the DMM but you have a lot more control over it. Most of the mods that analog man does to the DMM, this already has them incorporated into the board. And with the Xvive MN3005s available now, it's within everyone's reach. It's like a DMM but better. Much better.
When calibrating, I adjusted slowest clock to 10kHz and highest clock came out to 87kHz. So at lowest delay time its around 23ms and longest delay is something like 616ms. There is a lot of overlap at the shortest delay times, whether using the short or long setting on the switch, but on the short setting, the repeats are very very high quality because it's only going through one chip and not all 3 BBDs

Aentons

diablochris6

Fantastic turnaround. I got mine this week but probably won't have time to build it for a bit. I'm looking forward to it!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

danfrank

I'll try to get something up soon. I think I still have a Soundcloud account

Scruffie

Quote from: diablochris6 on July 31, 2020, 07:39:58 PM
Fantastic turnaround.
A week from release for one of the largest analogue delay builds out there? That's gotta be a record.

I'm so glad you're digging it! And a man after my own heart with enclosure art like that ;D

Quote from: danfrank on July 31, 2020, 06:53:27 PM
It's like a DMM but better. Much better.
Them's mighty big words 8)
Works at Lectric-FX

danfrank

So I'm playing with it some more and I can get 29-30 repeats from it before they go away. If I turn the Feedback knob just a small bit further the repeats go to infinity. And just a bit past that, self oscillation starts. Infinite repeats is between the two lines.
Oh, and mine has an "overlord" indicator...

jimilee

I feel like we need a video of that as proof....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Epic and yes a demooooo would be great!
BigNoise Amplification