News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Traded a few pedals for a NGD

Started by Willybomb, August 02, 2020, 03:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

So, I saw a guy on FB marketplace wanting $AUD400 or a pedal trade for an LTD MH-100QM.  I was interested, but the stickers were putting me off and I wasn't interested in handing out cash because I don't *need* another guitar, so I decided to see if he was interested in anything I had that I didn't love a lot.

After going around to his place and putting everything through his DSL100 and Laney Lionheart w/4x12, he settled on the Godzilla Pedalpcb BE-OD clone.  I'd already offered Black Gate and The Boost as part of a possible deal with the BE-OD.

He would have been happy with just the BE-OD, but I didn't want to feel like I'd ripped him off (and I wanted him to get value for the trade too) especially when I found out that it has a SuperDistortion and an Air Norton in it that he'd purchased and had installed for a cost of around $500 (yeah, too much)...

So.... for an hour and a half of trying all my other pedals out (Ultra Fett, Reactor, modded DS-1, Big Godzilla, Little Godzilla, Airwolf), half an hour of cleaning stickers off, and 3 pedals I don't use, I scored a fairly decent shred machine with Dimarzios AND the original ESP pickups....

Worst case scenario, I can put the old pickups back in, flog off the guitar and Dimarzios separately, and be well ahead.

mjg

Looks much nicer without the stickers!  Nice score.

jimilee

What a beautiful guitar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Willybomb

Quote from: jimilee on August 02, 2020, 07:20:02 AM
What a beautiful guitar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I can't get the colour to come out right though - there's more green...

Quote from: mjg on August 02, 2020, 04:06:25 AM
Looks much nicer without the stickers!  Nice score.
They did have a charm of their own, but I'm not 12.

EBK

Quote from: Willybomb on August 03, 2020, 05:11:52 AM
Thank you for that laugh this morning.  I needed it!  ;D
Definitely agree.  Nice looking guitar.  I hear you on the unphotographability (that's a word) of that sort of color.  I experienced the same when I tried to post pics of my translucent finish on my Aquaboy enclosure (still on my to-complete pile--ugh!). Seemed to not be solely a white-balance issue. Weird.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

pickdropper

My sister gave me a Metallica poster autographed by the entire band.  15 year old pickdropper would've been thrilled with that.  These days, I don't know where to hang it.

That's a nice trade.  You got a cool guitar and did a nice thing for him by making sure he got a decent value.  Looks like a win all around.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Willybomb

Quote from: pickdropper on August 03, 2020, 01:11:18 PM

My sister gave me a Metallica poster autographed by the entire band.  15 year old pickdropper would've been thrilled with that.  These days, I don't know where to hang it.

That's a nice trade.  You got a cool guitar and did a nice thing for him by making sure he got a decent value.  Looks like a win all around.

Mount the poster and stick it in the mancave maybe?

Yeah.  I'm happy in that I moved a few 5 year old pedals I don't use anymore.  And it's not like I can't knock them up in an hour or something....  A genuine BE-OD is fairly expensive, but it didn't feel fair to solely swap that for the guitar.  I think I got a win, he thinks he got a win, we're both happy.  It's not always about screwing the other person over, more making sure we feel we got equal value (even if we didn't).