Main Menu

Mini Mu Florist and Red Shift

Started by jimilee, August 02, 2020, 03:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Quote from: davent on August 03, 2020, 06:20:38 PM
Quote from: jimilee on August 03, 2020, 08:41:44 AM
Quote from: davent on August 03, 2020, 08:38:43 AM
People are saying photographing Envirotex/resin makes for bad pictures, how is it different than photographing glossy objects clear coated with a different kind of finish?
dave
It's not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay first thing to do is ditch the camera flash, only reason to ever use a camera flash is in an emergency that requires a picture for reference.

Try shooting outside in a shaded spot, north side of a building will give even diffuse light.

Indoors try beside a bright window but not one with the sun shining in.
dave
Maaaan, this is getting complicated. There's a reason I'm a bass player, less strings to fool with!

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

benny_profane

The key is diffuse light or oblique light sources. So, avoid direct sunlight/light bulbs and never use a flash.

jimilee

Quote from: benny_profane on August 04, 2020, 08:06:07 AM
The key is diffuse light or oblique light sources. So, avoid direct sunlight/light bulbs and never use a flash.
Cool. I try to take them from further away and then crop it.  Seems like it only fill flashes then. Sometimes it works sometimes not as good.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Betty Wont

How are you liking the mini mu? I haven't seen many build reports on that one and I have one in the works.

jimilee

Quote from: Torgoslayer on August 05, 2020, 07:04:58 AM
How are you liking the mini mu? I haven't seen many build reports on that one and I have one in the works.
It's really nice. Fantastic control over the band pass. I really like the reverse feature. That's something that not a lot of filters have.