News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mini Mu Florist and Red Shift

Started by jimilee, August 02, 2020, 03:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Been working on these for a while now. Enviro is just plain hard to photograph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Nice!! I have mixed feelings about envirotex. It looks so good, but it's such a pain to use.

alanp

What is the Red Shift? I'm guessing early 70s design?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Quote from: alanp on August 02, 2020, 04:08:21 PM
What is the Red Shift? I'm guessing early 70s design?
A Whetstone. Modified I believe, it doesn't have the rotary switch.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Excellent and another phaser in the bag! How does Jimi like the Whetstone?
Florist graphics are sweet!
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Very nice work, the florist and red shift are really catching my eye.....

How is the red shift? It seems right up my alley but I am back logged with projects already.

Envirotex sucks to work with, it is messy and is non photogenic at all. I also noticed that if i do a really complex painting with multiple shades it doesn't show it but the level of protection is the best.

jimilee

Quote from: cooder on August 02, 2020, 05:25:16 PM
Excellent and another phaser in the bag! How does Jimi like the Whetstone?
Florist graphics are sweet!
The whetstone is alright. I can get the jangly sound you normally only get with a Joey phaser. Overall, its a bit underwhelming for the amount of knobs a switches it's has.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on August 03, 2020, 06:39:09 AM
The whetstone is alright. I can get the jangly sound you normally only get with a Joey phaser. Overall, its a bit underwhelming for the amount of knobs a switches it's has.

Jimi's whistle was not whetted with the Red Shift?

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on August 03, 2020, 07:07:07 AM

It was, I mean, it is a phaser. I feel like the selector knob will add another level to this pedal. Once I get some build docs, I will know for sure. [emoji38]

davent

People are saying photographing Envirotex/resin makes for bad pictures, how is it different than photographing glossy objects clear coated with a different kind of finish?
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jimilee

Quote from: davent on August 03, 2020, 08:38:43 AM
People are saying photographing Envirotex/resin makes for bad pictures, how is it different than photographing glossy objects clear coated with a different kind of finish?
dave
It's not.

aion

Quote from: jimilee on August 03, 2020, 07:09:18 AM

It was, I mean, it is a phaser. I feel like the selector knob will add another level to this pedal. Once I get some build docs, I will know for sure. [emoji38]

The fixed mode is pretty blah on this one - I think manual-phase mode has been done a lot better by others like EHX. My thought was that the rotary was just a very inconvenient way of adding an unnecessary mode, when a 3-way toggle switch could get the other 3 modes.

If you want, you could test it out by leaving off C16, which would change "Ring" mode into "Fixed". I'm gonna add that to the docs, I hadn't thought of that until just now, but it should work. In the original, all the rotary does in that position is disconnect all three of the LFO timing capacitors.

jimilee

Quote from: aion on August 03, 2020, 01:33:38 PM
Quote from: jimilee on August 03, 2020, 07:09:18 AM

The fixed mode is pretty blah on this one - I think manual-phase mode has been done a lot better by others like EHX. My thought was that the rotary was just a very inconvenient way of adding an unnecessary mode, when a 3-way toggle switch could get the other 3 modes.

If you want, you could test it out by leaving off C16, which would change "Ring" mode into "Fixed". I'm gonna add that to the docs, I hadn't thought of that until just now, but it should work. In the original, all the rotary does in that position is disconnect all three of the LFO timing capacitors.
Hey thanks man, I will try that, and see what that sounds like. Maybe make it an internal switch. It's a great pedal overall.

davent

Quote from: jimilee on August 03, 2020, 08:41:44 AM
dave
It's not.

Okay first thing to do is ditch the camera flash, only reason to ever use a camera flash is in an emergency that requires a picture for reference.

Try shooting outside in a shaded spot, north side of a building will give even diffuse light.

Indoors try beside a bright window but not one with the sun shining in.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jimilee

Quote from: davent on August 03, 2020, 06:20:38 PM
Quote from: jimilee on August 03, 2020, 08:41:44 AM
dave
It's not.

Okay first thing to do is ditch the camera flash, only reason to ever use a camera flash is in an emergency that requires a picture for reference.

Try shooting outside in a shaded spot, north side of a building will give even diffuse light.

Indoors try beside a bright window but not one with the sun shining in.
dave
Maaaan, this is getting complicated. There's a reason I'm a bass player, less strings to fool with!