News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Whetstone Manual for those of us on the Redshift Train

Started by jimilee, August 07, 2020, 06:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I downloaded this, but never read it, I just lifted the artwork. I just now read it and I think Ihave a better understanding. I haven't gotten my redshift together with the instructions, but these are most helpful. Give it a look.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Jimi, the man who wrote the book on phasers, still recommends a two page manual. Appreciate your humbleness, Sir, and I have downloaded it for eternity to keep, cheers for link!
Swoosh!
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

I'm getting old I guess. This thing does things , but those things are just the right combinations of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

gordo

That does shed a bit of light on this beast.  I really like it, but I expected to be overwhelmed and wasn't.  This might point me in the right direction.

I think that although this might be blasphemy, I'm more of a Univibe guy than a phaser guy.  I know that they're in the same family but I think of phasers as "Dixie Chicken" and "Who's That Lady" in a happy way.  I think of Univibes as darker and evil like "Bridge of Sighs" and "Sing Child Sing".  But there are exceptions.  Harvey Mandel (totally unsung hero) did most of the Baby Batter album slathered in vibe and ranged from bright and bubbly to dark and evil (more pronounced on The Snake).  Hendrix was more drama.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on August 07, 2020, 07:58:50 PM
That does shed a bit of light on this beast.  I really like it, but I expected to be overwhelmed and wasn't.  This might point me in the right direction.

I think that although this might be blasphemy, I'm more of a Univibe guy than a phaser guy.  I know that they're in the same family but I think of phasers as "Dixie Chicken" and "Who's That Lady" in a happy way.  I think of Univibes as darker and evil like "Bridge of Sighs" and "Sing Child Sing".  But there are exceptions.  Harvey Mandel (totally unsung hero) did most of the Baby Batter album slathered in vibe and ranged from bright and bubbly to dark and evil (more pronounced on The Snake).  Hendrix was more drama.
I don't know what all that means, but I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk