News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cat barf extravaganza

Started by madbean, August 07, 2020, 01:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

25 or so years ago my cat barfed on my Portastudio 424 (right in the upper vent area). Many other grosses were made upon it over the years. So, I did a complete disassembly and cleaning on the unit. Lots of dust and dry barfs. Knobs were cleaned, looks almost new. Damn door is broken though. Took like 3 hours.

Anyway, the purpose of this is to follow through on my most procrastinated project: dump my 100 or so demo tapes to my PC. Many embarrassing musics will be uploaded for your entertainment at some point.

Things to look forward to:
Songs about breakfast cereal
Songs based around "Short Circuit" samples
Songs based around TKITH "Braincandy" samples
The 1st act of a never finished 3 act musical about a guy who talks backwards

matmosphere

Nice!! Looks really good.

This seems to be a running theme. An old band mate of mine pulled out his tascam to do the same thing and discovered it has an issue engaging the tape heads. Hopefully he gets it working

I just snagged a broken porta 2 on Craigslist for $30. Think it just needs a few caps replaced.

madbean

After reassembly I'm getting some high pitched whine in the monitoring path. I think I may have goofed the shielding up. So...I guess I'll be taking it apart again!

mjg

Maybe try more cat barf?  That might have been holding something together?

I've also had the cat barf cleaning job...one of ours chucked all over the organ keyboard...that stuff gets in everywhere.  Impressively corrosive too.

jimilee

Most awesomes. I need to find one too. I got a tape that my brother made, and I need to know what's on it.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Hope you get it sorted Bean!   I want to hear the songs about breakfast cereal.  Argh, do people remember these?  Did your perfect guitar lead get lost because your sister taped songs off the radio over your tracks?   ::)

Willybomb

I'll have to post a link to our 45 second classic, "Weeties".

lars

I had to laugh at these two subjects being in succession. Sounds like an interesting dinner night:
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

Axldeziak

One of the great questions of existence: Is it more disgusting to step in warm cat barf or cold cat barf? Does wearing socks help or multiple the disgust you feel?
To fully experience it one must step in both simultaneously while wearing only one sock. The quantum uncertainty principle as it pertains to socks and cat barf rules supreme in which outcome you receive.

pickdropper

I have to say, I'm slightly disappointed.  I thought Cat Barf Extravaganza was the name of your new prog rock band.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

thesmokingman

I can't believe there isn't more enthusiasm about the guy talking backwards
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX