News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ROG UNO troubleshooting

Started by pgodfrin, October 26, 2020, 08:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pgodfrin

Howdy etchers! So I took the schematic from here: http://www.runoffgroove.com/uno.html
created my own etching template and put it all together. It works! But, it's rather 'bassy' (lows are accentuated) and the pots seem to have very little effect. The only way to get it overdriven is by craking the volume all the way. There seems to be not much of a range - not until we're near or at full volume does it saturate.

When I hit a first position chord,  E or A it get really bassy and broken up. Not knowing anything about circuts (I just put them together) I'm kind of at a loss...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

midwayfair

Please post voltages on all transistor pins and pictures of both sides of the board, per the debugging instructions/rules.

pgodfrin

I'll get the voltages later. I etched this myself, and also made the smd j201 etch. Forgive the glops...

pgodfrin

OK, left to right from top (or schematic)
D 4.5  4.5  4.5  4.5
S  0.42 0.44 0.42 0.27
G  0  0  0  0

pgodfrin

Aight - so I found some solder bridges, and macked it all up trying to fix them. Lost some copper off the fr4. Cripes what a &*&T&^$%^ mess...
Gonna start over again. I am curious how those voltages are though...

pgodfrin

OMG, did I foul up the smd j201 adapters. To follow the to92 format the sot23 needs to be DSG north to south. I had them GDS - oy vey... That peppermint schnapps will get you every time...