News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Flabulanche and boost

Started by mjg, August 11, 2020, 01:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjg

Finally got some boards finished and boxed.  This is the Flabulanche from MBP, with a Paperclip boost from Nucleon. 

Custom enclosure, which came out of an external hard drive box.  It's steel, so quite strong, and can take stomping no trouble.  (I still plan on doing another pedal inside an actual hard drive... that's a project for another month though).

So... the guts are a mess.  Lots of off-board wiring so that I could put the knobs where I wanted.

Also for fun, I had an old bike light LED strip, which I've hot glued in with some red perspex, so the whole enclosure inside glows red when the effect is on. 

On the outside, a big knob for the gain, and little ones for volume, tone, and the boost level.  The toggle is the compression switch. 

Did the lettering with the dremel, which worked out kinda neat for a change, so I was happy with that.  Usually attempting this kind of lettering will result in me scratching the crap out of things and having letters that look like a 4 year old writing in crayon.  Used a much smaller dremel bit this time, which seemed to make it more controllable. 

jimilee

Daaaaamn, that's sharp. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

diablochris6

That industrial look is solid, and I dig that huge knob in the middle!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

cooder

Very cool indeed! Does it need a defrag every now and then...?  ;)
BigNoise Amplification