News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Just a big shout out for Brian's new disc

Started by gordo, August 12, 2020, 05:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

For anyone that hasn't heard it...it's worth a listen.

No affiliation, have just followed the band from day 1.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

It's in rotation in my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

EBK

I just now listened to the whole disc.  Nice, mellow tunes.  The kind of music that I could easily put on endless loop while working.  I personally caught a Radiohead vibe from it, especially the title track.  I like the whole thing.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

EBK

I just have to add that I absolutely love the tone of the bass guitar on this disc.  Kind of bright and growly. 

Also, Make It Rain is my favorite song at the moment.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

madbean

Quote from: EBK on August 29, 2020, 03:23:47 PM
I just have to add that I absolutely love the tone of the bass guitar on this disc.  Kind of bright and growly. 

Also, Make It Rain is my favorite song at the moment.

Thanks that's one of my favorites too. I love the little guitar melody on the chorus which kinda plays against the 4/4 time.

For the bass, I think we DI'd from the Eden head and then re-amped later. It might be a mix of both those.

madbean

IIRC, we also used a 10" or 12" speaker wired as a mic set about 3' from the kick drum to capture subs. We had to take most of it out because it just overwhelmed the mix. But in the studio it sounded awesome.

Radiohead is definitely a core influence for the band which is weird considering I only ever earned maybe 3 of their tunes, haha. And that was on bass.