News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Steve Stevens Ray Gun

Started by Marshall Arts, August 13, 2020, 04:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

What, no audio? That's super cool. That Steve Stevens video took me down a rabbit hole of videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Marshall Arts

OK... I'll add audio later :-)

Marshall Arts

Just a quick one... need to practice how to use it properly.

And here is a detail shot of the PCB. I have four left and I would give them away for free (except for the postage). The only condition is, that you have to show that you built it. PM me, if you are interested.

matmosphere

That sounds really cool And it looks fantastic. Pretty sweet little ray gun case out of that soldering gun. Nice work

This is a really cool project, very inspiring. Now I'm wondering what else could be done with it. Maybe some kind of pitch control on one of those pots they used to use on walkmans.

What kind of voltage does it need? I'm wondering if it could run it off a few rechargeable AA's.

Marshall Arts

It runs on 9 Volts. One battery will last forever (it's completely off when the trigger is not pressed). However, there are tiny boards with micro usb jacks and voltage converters on it, so we can turn any old cell phone battery into a rechargable 9 Volt (or whatever) source, which can be charged with Standard (5v) usb chargers. Pretty cool stuff. I got that stuff here and will explore that next (Not for the Ray Gun, but maybe other pedals)

aceofbones

This is fantastic!! I've looked on and off for years for a ray gun that sounds like the rebel yell one but have had no luck. Sounds like you could get there with this. Nice work!

Marshall Arts

Get a board for just the postage :-)

aceofbones

That's tempting. I always wondered if it was possible to make this work as a pedal. Any idea if a person could feed this into the guitar signal instead of a little speaker?

jimilee

Quote from: aceofbones on September 22, 2020, 04:15:40 PM
That's tempting. I always wondered if it was possible to make this work as a pedal. Any idea if a person could feed this into the guitar signal instead of a little speaker?
You could use a wah shell with a momentary on the treadle so it activates when you use it rather than clicking it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

aceofbones

Marshall Arts, pm sent.

Thanks, that's a solid idea with the wah shell!

LaceSensor

really cool

congrats on getting er done