News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rippa, Kaimanawa and Full Moon Fever

Started by cooder, August 14, 2020, 06:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Here's finally after a long wait on shipping and parts (sounds familiar...?) the first three fruits of my mucking around with diptrace. And I quite enjoy diptrace over eagle, works a lot more intuitive for me.

Also I incorporated the Coda FX relay bypass, big thanks to Benoit to nutting it all out for that in the first place and to Dan (Schutone) for getting me into it and holding my hand while contemplating it! Cheers for the help!

Rippa Drive is a hotrodded version of EQD Talons (thanks Chuck for the advice on it!), also has 9to18V switchable chargepump (hi/lo switch), clipping three position selector and three position presence switch.

Kaimanawa is adaptation of VFE fiery Red Horse. Kaimanawa is the Maori name for the NZ wild horses (which were introduced and then made off into the wild. Beautiful horses they are).

Full Moon Fever is a hot rodded version of JHS Moonshine v2:

BigNoise Amplification

Willybomb

Good to see you're getting plenty done in the new lockdown!  They look great.

dan.schumaker

Looks good!  Looks like you quickly got the hang of it!  Hope the relay bypass didn't throw you for too much of a loop.

jimilee

Those are sharp inside and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bret608

The layouts look great as does the boxing/graphics! I like what you did with the circuit mods as well.

Somehow I missed out on the fact that NZ has wild horses! Interestingly, on the South Island I saw a herd large herd of deer that appeared to be fenced in on a farm or something...

alanp

These pedals need more horses. Good stuff nonetheless.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

davent

Quote from: alanp on August 14, 2020, 02:55:59 PM

Off the wall but... is horse meat a normal part of New Zealander diet or taboo?

Looks great Stephan!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Bio77

Wow, those are great! No glue required for the soft touch, now  ;D  Did you program the pics?

Thewintersoldier

Inspired builds again, I was wondering when I would see the awesome acrylic faceplates again. I really want to learn to make boards. Make some modulation next!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

Quote from: dan.schumaker on August 14, 2020, 12:06:43 PM
Looks good!  Looks like you quickly got the hang of it!  Hope the relay bypass didn't throw you for too much of a loop.
Cheers Dan and thanks for your help again! It worked reasonably well once I got the blimmin pickit3 here, took 3 months and parcels missing in transit and stuff until I finally had one in the mailbox last week... after some messing with getting it setup and initial error messages I got it going yehaw
Quote from: Bret608 on August 14, 2020, 02:33:21 PM
The layouts look great as does the boxing/graphics! I like what you did with the circuit mods as well.

Somehow I missed out on the fact that NZ has wild horses! Interestingly, on the South Island I saw a herd large herd of deer that appeared to be fenced in on a farm or something...

Cheers Bret! There wasn't much room for graphics as there are so many knobs on those...
Yes NZ has introduced wild horses up in the North Island and as they are on one hand protected but also multiplying vigorously enough they get managed by the Department of Conservation, they catch the  excess and try to find good homes for them. A friend of mine has a few on his farm. Lovely animals. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaimanawa_horse

Quote from: davent on August 14, 2020, 04:36:18 PM
Quote from: alanp on August 14, 2020, 02:55:59 PM

Off the wall but... is horse meat a normal part of New Zealander diet or taboo?

Looks great Stephan!
dave
Cheers Dave, you're onto to your "What's Dave cooking" thread aye...? I don't think horse meat is big here, haven't seen it on offer.
Wild pork, maybe the odd wild goat, deer for sure. Maybe the odd possum pie.

Huhu grubs. I only had them once at the "Wildfoods Festival" in Hokitika and it's more of a  dare than regular cuisine...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huhu_beetle "The larvae of P. reticularis are edible, with a long history of indigenous consumption, and their flavour has been described as like buttery chicken[12] or peanut butter."

Quote from: Bio77 on August 14, 2020, 04:41:29 PM
Wow, those are great! No glue required for the soft touch, now  ;D  Did you program the pics?
Cheers, yes nice to have relay onboard and also only minimum of connecting wires.

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on August 14, 2020, 09:08:37 PM
Inspired builds again, I was wondering when I would see the awesome acrylic faceplates again. I really want to learn to make boards. Make some modulation next!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Cheers! I'd recommend diptrace after having been working with Eage some years back. I personally prefer diptrace a lot, more intuitive interface and workflow IMO. I tried Kicad as well but just couldn't get it started prpery, so can't really say much about that. Apparently also a good option if you can get it going.
I have a tremolo and delay in the pipeline too, yes.
BigNoise Amplification

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

cooder

Quote from: alanp on August 15, 2020, 01:03:35 AM
NZ has far, far worse than horsemeat to offer the world. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kānga_pirau
I have not tried that one... sounds like I should be warned...
Speaking of fermentation I do make my own kambucha, sauerkraut and kimchi though. Pretty nice.

BigNoise Amplification