News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Total Recall Drill Template

Started by benny_profane, August 18, 2020, 04:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benny_profane

The total recall drill template is for a '125BB' — height of a 125B but the length/width of a 1590BB. The drill template is for an enclosure that is much higher (1590C?). Which is correct here? It seems like the 1.40" height should be alright, but the height difference has me wondering.

madbean

The drill template is actually not a 125BB. It's listed as "1590BB Tall". IIRC, at the time that's how that enclosure was described on PedalPartsPlus or Mammoth (don't remember which). So, it corresponds to either a 1590C or 1690NS. It's the same footprint as 1590BB but 2" tall.

I think some people have put it in a 125BB, though. I opted for (and recommended going with) more space for the top mounted jacks.

benny_profane

I see. The enclosure size in the store listing is '125BB', but the template is very clearly not that size. I think 1590BBS is the Hammond equivalent there.

There don't seem to be any interference issues (electrical or mechanical) with the shorter enclosure. The only component that may be in the way is the regulator. I certainly see how the 1590C gives much more room though.

I have both enclosure sizes. Is the recommendation for the 1590C simply that there's plenty of room for a full sized boss style DC jack and switchcraft open-frame audio I/O? Going through the build reports, it seems that 125BB is pretty common—especially with lumberg jacks.

jimilee

Size is the reason. Somewhere here crammed it in a regular bb just recently. I used a 1590c for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

benny_profane

danfrank

Ta da!
Shameless self promotion. Lol!

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=31644.0

The tricky part is making space at the top of the board so jacks can fit. The Lumbergs or other small jacks are required. I had to solder 4 parts to the underside of the PCB to get it done.

benny_profane

Quote from: danfrank on August 19, 2020, 01:45:34 AM
Ta da!
Shameless self promotion. Lol!

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=31644.0

The tricky part is making space at the top of the board so jacks can fit. The Lumbergs or other small jacks are required. I had to solder 4 parts to the underside of the PCB to get it done.

That is just bonkers. Incredible work there!

benny_profane

Update: I used the horizontal spacing provided with the Total Recall build doc and the typical vertical placement of jacks with 125B enclosures. Everything seems to be working well with the test fitting. I'm onto calibration now, but I'll report back when I get to the final boxing.

jimilee

Nice job, that's a whole lot of enclosure right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.