News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slow Loris

Started by Fastocker, July 30, 2010, 10:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastocker

Just finished my Slow Loris build --- sounds great!  125-B enclosure, candy green powdercoat, decal on top.

Even his beady little eyes glow . . . .

Owner of Unique-Vibe, LLC
www.facebook.com/uniquevibe

maysink

YES! Very nice job, sir.
[nothing to see here]
-e

mjcyates

Jamiroking

Looks awesome! Super bonus points for the eyes! Is that using white backed waterslide decal?

lincolnic

The eyes are what really do it for me.

Can you explain how you're using the 4PDT switch?

jkokura

that's just a 3PDT switch with a PCB that makes connections simpler.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Fastocker

Thank you all for the kind words.  That is indeed a clear decal over white --- once I powdercoated the box, I masked and painted the top white.  And yes, that's just a 3PDT switch with one of Small Bear's PCB boards on it --- makes hooking everything up much easier.

lincolnic

Thanks for the info, guys. Of course, had I bothered to count the lugs, I would've realized it's nowhere near a 4PDT...sheesh.

gtr2

I didn't know small bear had boards like that.  Sweet!  I like the beady eyes...
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Fastocker

To follow up on this build ---- I swapped out the linear taper pots for audio tapers and MAN, what a HUGE improvement, at least to my ears.  The volume and gain knobs now have a nice gradual rise and the pedal is much more useable.  It can actually be used as a medium OD now whereas before the distortion was almost instant-on with the linear pot.  Great midrange honk and is great with a Strat bridge pickup.

mjcyates

That's nice to know. I have the gain knob almost completely off to get the tone I want. I will be replacing with audio taper pots. This is a nice sounding pedal and it will be good to get more use out of the gain pot.

Haberdasher

Cool!  You replaced all 3 pots with audio tapers?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Fastocker

I replaced all three knobs with audio tapers --- the tone control was less noticeable but the volume and gain controls were a substantial improvement.

If you guys DO try the audio tapers in your builds, please post back to let me know what you think.