News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TRIANGLE SPEC MUDBUNNY WITH NO GAIN!——— SOLVED!———-

Started by Nightshazz, August 21, 2020, 12:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightshazz

Hey all you bean heads out there! Just finished a triangle spec mudbunny. Everything seems to work fine, volume, tone, sustain, bypass ect. But when I crank the sustain there is barely any gain. Definitely not miff gain lol. I have built a rams head and green Russian spec Mudbunny with no issues. I am scratching my head with this issue. Any idea where I shout start troubleshooting? Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
P.S.-I used 2n5088's in q1-q4

Nightshazz

PS- The BOM says to omit R9 and C2...  ??? I’m not sure why you would omit C2, in the mudbunny schematic, it goes straight to the base on q1 then to the sustain pot. All other schematics of the triangle spec miff have this cap in place. I might stick a 560p cap in there to see what happens.

Mark0614

Mark0614

Nightshazz

The various Muffs sound great man, including the triangle. I've now done the triangle, 73 rams head, and the green Russian variants on the mudbunny boards. I think my favorite is the Russian, but then again all the muffs sound different with different gear (guitars/amps ect.) But I will say the rams head sounds amazing as well. I used 2n5089's (around 520 HFE) in the Russian, and 2n5088's (around 320 HFE) in the rams head and triangle.

Mark0614

I have built a Muff with 2N3904's which have a gain of 100 and it sounded good. Have you tried the Creamy Dreamer?

Mark0614

There is a Mad Bean doc with all the versions listed. It sounds like it bread board job, before construction.