News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lectric fx dandy horse

Started by Thewintersoldier, August 29, 2020, 10:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I wanna tribute this pedal to Chadwick Boseman. Marvel is a big thing in my life and my family. I grew up with the comics and so my kids. My youngest daughter lives marvel and is heartbroken about her wakandan king. I have 2 uncles who also lost their battle to colon cancer so I have nothing but respect for the man who didn't let it sideline him and inspired so many people till the very end.
I built this pedal over the course of 4 days. In an attempt to work on it and watch a movie with the kids I accidentally used 10k Instead of 100k resistors which gave me zero output lol. Luckily my pull out game is strong and I was able to extract all 12 without any pcb damage. Other than the total goof up on my end it was a pretty strait forward build.  Biasing was pretty easy as well with the great bias notes from Lectric fx. I have always wanted this pedal and now it's time to relive my teenage years playing radio friendly unit shifter.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

Bio77

That's really gorgeous! Strong work.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bio77 on August 29, 2020, 10:51:44 PM
That's really gorgeous! Strong work.
Thanks Jon, but yours takes the cake, that poly-chorus decal is out of this world!

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Pull out game.....
Hey man, that looks fantastic! I don't know if you're trying to keep up with me or I'm trying to keep up with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on August 29, 2020, 10:59:05 PM

Thanks Jon, but yours takes the cake, that poly-chorus decal is out of this world!
Thanks man, I dig yours, its an original  8)

Quote from: jimilee on August 30, 2020, 01:19:23 AM
Pull out game.....
I laughed when I read that too.  The rest of the story is about kids..... made me think maybe Chris' pull out game isn't as strong as he thought.  ::)

jimilee

Quote from: Bio77 on August 30, 2020, 01:27:40 AM
Quote from: Thewintersoldier on August 29, 2020, 10:59:05 PM

Thanks man, I dig yours, its an original  8)

Pull out game.....
I laughed when I read that too.  The rest of the story is about kids..... made me think maybe Chris' pull out game isn't as strong as he thought.  ::)
Bwahahahaha I thought the same thing (about the kids) too.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Pull out game.....
Hey man, that looks fantastic! I don't know if you're trying to keep up with me or I'm trying to keep up with you.

I will never eclipse you man, I'm trying to keep it to one a week, especially with bigger builds. Besides I gotta play the damn things!

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on August 30, 2020, 01:33:33 AM
Pull out game.....

I will never eclipse you man, I'm trying to keep it to one a week, especially with bigger builds. Besides I gotta play the damn things!

We do that? I thought we just built them! I threw the delay on the pile and did a level and crown on my tele. I have a couple more boards with the resistors populated and I'm staring at the Choral reef all while I'm working on my bachelors degree. I just may crack.....

Thewintersoldier

Hey, Chris' pull out game is on point, both kids were planned followed by the vasectomy when the second nearly split my wife in half, she said she was done and who was I to argue! The only pullout game I have now is wrong components on a PCB haha

Who the hell is Bucky?

Bio77

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on August 30, 2020, 01:37:55 AM
Hey, Chris' pull out game is on point, both kids were planned followed by the vasectomy when the second nearly split my wife in half, she said she was done and who was I to argue! The only pullout game I have now is wrong components on a PCB haha

Wha...kids on purpose? You sir, are a maniac. Kidding, love what you do here. Cheers!

matmosphere

You're killing it man! Nice to see the branching out from the movie characters!

I grew up with comics too, my older brothers have mind boggling my large collections of stuff. They were buying all those Marvel Masterwork and DC Archive books when I was 10ish so I have read a ton of that early stuff. Didn't keep up with much of it, but it's still ingrained deep.

Sad to see about Chadwick Boseman. Black Panther was the first of those movies I felt was more than just an action flick (though there's anything wrong with that). I thought they did a decent job with real world social issues and Boseman really grounded it all.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jimilee on August 30, 2020, 01:36:12 AM
Pull out game.....

We do that? I thought we just built them! I threw the delay on the pile and did a level and crown on my tele. I have a couple more boards with the resistors populated and I'm staring at the Choral reef all while I'm working on my bachelors degree. I just may crack.....

What is your degree for? Good for you man. I did 8 years of college and when I got my current job I dropped out because I was making more than I would if I finished my degree. Truth is I switched majors 3 times and was burned out. I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up so I decided to be a toys r us kid.

Who the hell is Bucky?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Matmosphere on August 30, 2020, 06:08:13 PM
You're killing it man! Nice to see the branching out from the movie characters!

I grew up with comics too, my older brothers have mind boggling my large collections of stuff. They were buying all those Marvel Masterwork and DC Archive books when I was 10ish so I have read a ton of that early stuff. Didn't keep up with much of it, but it's still ingrained deep.

Sad to see about Chadwick Boseman. Black Panther was the first of those movies I felt was more than just an action flick (though there's anything wrong with that). I thought they did a decent job with real world social issues and Boseman really grounded it all.
Thanks man, I have used a lot of characters from movies but there have been so many movies over the years that many characters are used already. I try to use comic accurate images when possible but sometimes movie images work better. Even harder is trying to associate the design with the pedal. Sometimes it's easy and others I have to think outside the box. 

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on August 30, 2020, 07:31:32 PM
Quote from: jimilee on August 30, 2020, 01:36:12 AM
Pull out game.....

What is your degree for? Good for you man. I did 8 years of college and when I got my current job I dropped out because I was making more than I would if I finished my degree. Truth is I switched majors 3 times and was burned out. I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up so I decided to be a toys r us kid.

Cloud computing is my current focus. I switched once already. I'm 49 years old. I'm just doing for myself and because my company is paying for it. Just an accomplishment I suppose. I currently make more than I could starting out in the IT field, plus those guys gotta keep moving unless they get lucky and get hired by an actual company.

Bret608

Seriously awesome build, dude! You and Bio77 have recently inspired me to go ahead and do a Flintlock. Also, I know what you mean, my daughters and I watched a Chadwick Bozeman tribute on ABC last night.

Jimi, for what it's worth, I work at a two-year community/technical college, and the IT students typically get hired before they can even finish their degree or transfer to a four-year university. So the labor market demand is so great that it ironicallly pushes our IT program graduation rates down!