News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

So, What's the Deal With Tayda Electronics???

Started by danfrank, September 01, 2020, 05:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruffie

If you ever need a tantalum capacitor for a power related purpose, do not purchase it from them is the only advice I can give.
Works at Lectric-FX

danfrank

Thanks everyone for chiming in. Good info to have.

alanp

I like to buy resistors, caps, pots, IC sockets from Tayda, maybe some other stuff too.

I'll also add that their shipping is, to New Zealand, insanely fast and speedy. American and British shipping is slower.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Max

Until last month I only bought from Musikding, I'm in Germany and I always found what I needed at reasonable prices. Only had problems with a bunch of jfets out of specs. Last time however I needed something that was out-of-stock at Musikding so I ordered from Tayda and they were precise and fast. Next time I think I'll prepare a list and check price-wise and availability-wise what to buy at Tayda and what at Musikding. On some items they are kind of complementary: for example, Musikding has the mini 3pdt foot switches, and the smd jfets, Tayda has the 1n5230 Zener and the enclosures are cheaper. Shipping costs are also a factor.

Betty Wont

Quote from: alanp on September 02, 2020, 07:52:02 PM
I like to buy resistors, caps, pots, IC sockets from Tayda, maybe some other stuff too.

I'll also add that their shipping is, to New Zealand, insanely fast and speedy. American and British shipping is slower.
They are faster and far cheaper shipping than any other supplier to me in Minnesota. 5-7 days using the cheapest option (usually about $1.25). I haven't noticed any pandemic lag either.

CodeMonk

I get most of my stuff from Mouser and Smallbear
I haven't ordered anything from Tayda in about 10 years.
Last thing I ordered were 1n34a's.
They were not.
And that took about 6 weeks. To The USA
My friends call me Rob

Affiliations :
Dalton Jones Electronics: Chief Tinkerer

juansolo

We got to the point that we only got Alpha pots from them. Their quality of other componets was so variable, that the savings just weren't worth it any more, so we sourced everything else locally.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

davent

The Walmart of electronic parts, i don't shop there either.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Muadzin

When I still built pedals I LOVED Tayda. It allowed me to build between 4 to 6 pedals a month. AND build up stock as well. There's no way I could have done so with using parts from Musikding or Smallbear, let alone that as a European shipping from the US is prohibitively expensive. Really expensive because of the double whammy of both shipping costs and customs duties. Whereas Tayda would 19 times out of 20 sneak under the customs radar if you only ordered enough so they would use the padded envelope. A box, that would get hit, but usually never the envelopes. And I could still built 2 pedals on average on parts with the envelope.

Tayda was an enabler. Allowed me to feed my pedal addiction at a reasonable cost. Wouldn't use them for professional builds for others, but then again I only built for myself. If I still did I would get my pots, switches, resistors, caps, most diodes and the common IC's from them still. And let's not forget their enclosures. Cheapest 125B's I could find at the time, my box of choice. Only the really rare IC's and transistors I would source elsewhere.

NF Audio

Wow, crazy. Mine have been arriving in Aus 3-4 days after order!

Quote from: mjg on September 02, 2020, 01:23:11 AM
Quote from: Willybomb on September 01, 2020, 08:27:51 PM
Quote from: mjg on September 01, 2020, 07:53:31 PM

I will note that with COVID, postage from Tayda is definitely slow at the moment.  40 to 50 days from Thailand to Australia.

That's interesting.  My last order was during COVID (was a while ago though), and I still got it in 5 days, iirc.

Wow, you might have got lucky!  My last two orders took 40 and 50 days.  Shipped via DHL, the tracking showed them sitting in Thailand for 2 weeks, Singapore for 2 weeks, Australia for 2 weeks, etc. 

5 to 10 days is what I'd normally expect.