News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Effectslayouts.com Blue Cal Dual Driver

Started by jjjimi84, September 02, 2020, 09:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is my effectslayouts.com Blue Cal Dual Drive, it is a sweet two in one overdrive. This is also the debut of my Youtube Channel where I will be posting videos every other Wednesday to show off some builds and shitty guitar playing.

Here is the pedal

Here is the demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwSYPLl30fk&feature=youtu.be

storyboardist

Nice! And it's an honor to be featured in your first vid. Really thorough demo. Subscribed and I dig your setup.
Guy behind Effects Layouts

matmosphere

Cool, there is some nice playing in there.

How did you do the two camera setup, and how did you record the audio?

It's a nice looking video and I've been thinking of doing something similar lately, so any tips you have would be welcome.

When I was just getting started with building I always wondered what some of the madbean, or Grind Customs stuff sounded like and just not being able to find samples of how they sound.  I have been thinking of making some demos of DIY projects for people to see what stuff is like, to maybe highlight some of the original designs from the DIY community. Maybe even trying to compile some resource of demos of diy circuits for builder's just getting started to what some stuff that doesn't have commercial counterparts.

jjjimi84

Quote from: storyboardist on September 02, 2020, 12:00:59 PM
Nice! And it's an honor to be featured in your first vid. Really thorough demo. Subscribed and I dig your setup.

Thank you sir! I love your board, it was a fun build.

Quote from: Matmosphere on September 02, 2020, 12:40:04 PM
Cool, there is some nice playing in there.

How did you do the two camera setup, and how did you record the audio?

It's a nice looking video and I've been thinking of doing something similar lately, so any tips you have would be welcome.

When I was just getting started with building I always wondered what some of the madbean, or Grind Customs stuff sounded like and just not being able to find samples of how they sound.  I have been thinking of making some demos of DIY projects for people to see what stuff is like, to maybe highlight some of the original designs from the DIY community. Maybe even trying to compile some resource of demos of diy circuits for builder's just getting started to what some stuff that doesn't have commercial counterparts.

Thank you, I use my iphone for the pedal and a old camcorder I bought about 8 years ago. The audio from the guitar is a cascade fat head II into a Seventh Circle Audio N72 to a tube compressor into reaper. I then take all of the files and make the video in resolve.

I thought the same thing you did, I want to showcase my builds, improve my playing and turn on other builders to original and clone boards. Hopefully I can do that......

Thewintersoldier

this is so great Dan, I subbed to your channel. another awesome build. If you really wanna help some people out, do videos about calibration, your artwork, general build tips. this is some great stuff!
Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

Great stuff Dan! Thanks for getting this going and there's a bunch of nice pedals in the background that want to be demo'd!
Thanks for sharing, subscribed!
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on September 02, 2020, 05:55:33 PM
this is so great Dan, I subbed to your channel. another awesome build. If you really wanna help some people out, do videos about calibration, your artwork, general build tips. this is some great stuff!

Thank You! In every video I have coming I talk more about building and I will be filming myself painting and giving tips about that. I have been trying to take pictures as I paint lately to show my process and plan on putting those images in the videos as well.

Quote from: cooder on September 02, 2020, 06:49:28 PM
Great stuff Dan! Thanks for getting this going and there's a bunch of nice pedals in the background that want to be demo'd!
Thanks for sharing, subscribed!

Thank You! I have enough scheduled until early December and am more than willing to take requests. Here is my build log that I try to keep up to date, if anyone on here wants to see anything let me know. If something is not painted but a demo is requested than that pedal will be next in line to get painted.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vv75su86zk9k7dh/Pedal%20Build%20Log.xlsx?dl=0

cooder

Wow that's one crazy list of builds you got there lined up.... not too bad indeed ;) !
I'd love to hear a demo of the Vfe Bumblebee and maybe the Tractor Beam? In any case I'm looking forward to any demos you do, well done and great playing to show them off!
BigNoise Amplification

matmosphere

jjjimi84

Quote from: cooder on September 03, 2020, 11:41:36 PM
Wow that's one crazy list of builds you got there lined up.... not too bad indeed ;) !
I'd love to hear a demo of the Vfe Bumblebee and maybe the Tractor Beam? In any case I'm looking forward to any demos you do, well done and great playing to show them off!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It means a lot to me! I am going to use the vfe tractor beam for the demo i am doing with a Pedalpcb.com covert. I have the basics recorded and will be filming thaton Thursday. The bumblebee will be tough but I am going to start working on that with some delay pedals.

Quote from: Matmosphere on September 04, 2020, 03:20:44 AM
I wouldn't mind a wavelord demo  :D

I am so blown away by the wavelord that I am painting it today to start working on a demo. If you play behind the pulse of the tremolo it does the ducking effect like a bumblebee. It is so cool and when paired with fuzzes it just writes riffs all day long.

cooder

Great stuff! I also noticed that on your endless list is the pedalpcb ember boost (TC spark boost), which I built myself as well. I found underwhelming at first until I did with the help of a modification thread over at pedalpcb forum some little tweaks that made all the difference. I also think the original schematic that came from the etchers paradise here might have been just a bit off in those values.
Now it shines for me, just a heads up in case you are a bit underwhelmed by it as well at present and want to look into it again.
BigNoise Amplification

cooder

And yes, the Wavelord will be a demo I'm looking forward to hear too.... I have Rollo's Twin Peak tremolo which I love, will be interesting to hear what the Wavelord does in comparison.
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Quote from: cooder on September 04, 2020, 01:18:55 PM
Great stuff! I also noticed that on your endless list is the pedalpcb ember boost (TC spark boost), which I built myself as well. I found underwhelming at first until I did with the help of a modification thread over at pedalpcb forum some little tweaks that made all the difference. I also think the original schematic that came from the etchers paradise here might have been just a bit off in those values.
Now it shines for me, just a heads up in case you are a bit underwhelmed by it as well at present and want to look into it again.

I thought it sucked completely and now am going to find the thread. Thanks you for the heads up.

cooder

I tell ya it made a differnce of night and day....! To me it did and I really like it now in front of some other OD or Fuzz to kick it.
I think all I did was removing C 19 and reducing C 10 IIRC.
Thread on ppcb is here: https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/1981-drv-informant.1909/

Edit : I think I reduced C 10 to 100pf.
BigNoise Amplification

dc001013

Quote from: jjjimi84 on September 02, 2020, 09:30:46 AM
Here is my effectslayouts.com Blue Cal Dual Drive, it is a sweet two in one overdrive. This is also the debut of my Youtube Channel where I will be posting videos every other Wednesday to show off some builds and shitty guitar playing.

Here is the pedal

Here is the demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwSYPLl30fk&feature=youtu.be

Sorry to bump an old thread but do you or anyone still have the project files for this? It doesn't appear to be up anymore. Thanks in advance.