News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pangea Vibe external speed LED

Started by holm, September 03, 2020, 07:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holm

Hello
I'm about to start building the Pangea Vibe, and was wondering where to insert an external LED for the speed control, can't find it in the document?

In advance thanks
Erik

danfrank

Attaching a schematic would help...
On many other modulation pedals, the output of the LFO is where you would attach the resistor/LED. Super bright green LEDs work well because they usually light up strongly with less than 1ma of current. You don't want to "weigh down" the LFO output with a LED that uses a lot of current.

holm

mjg

Looks like D3 on the LFO schematic is an LED that will pulse in time with the effect, is that what you need? 

danfrank

Yes, D3 will pulse with the speed of the vactrol LEDs. This circuit is similar to the MBP Glass Hole in this respect.
This is an interesting circuit with the 8038 IC

cooder

It's a fab sounding circuit too! I found it important to use the same type and brand LED for the indicator LED and the vatcrol LEDs by the way. If you use a different colour LED for indicator it might affect the way the LEDs for LDRs behave.
BigNoise Amplification

holm

Thank you gentlemen, I'll give it a go.

/Erik

Bret608

Let me add to what Cooder correctly stated--you'll want clear yellow tint (not the foggy diffused) LEDs. I got some from Mouser that were 2300mcd if I remember correctly. Having stronger ones like this will also help make sure the tremolo is loud enough in comparison to the vibe/chorus effect.

holm

Thanks
I'll keep that in mind, I got the kit from musikding, and I do not know the intensity of the LEDs provided with the kit. So the brighter ones also sounds better?

\Erik

Bret608

I think if the LEDs that make the vibe and trem are not bright enough, the pedal will sound kind of weak and low-output. If yours are part of a kit, they probably included ones that will work correctly.