News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion luna tremolo vs cardinal

Started by Thewintersoldier, September 09, 2020, 03:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I love trem and am thinking of putting together an Aion luna which is a  6 knob tremulous lune. I already built a cardinal and love it, so my question is do you think it's worth it or too much overlap. Cardinal does a straight optical trem and has the most of the same controls. Do the symmetry and  spacing controls add alot to the lune? I have an EA trem I built that just doesn't compare to the cardinal and I don't need an inferior trem. I considered the wave lord but I don't need tap tempo or all those waveforms (and some parts are out of stock right now). So what say you, is the luna a worthy addition or just stick with the cardinal?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

benny_profane

There are differences between the two. The cardinal has harmonic tremolo while the lune does not. I think that the lune project is worthwhile: it is a comprehensively controllable analogue tremolo. The symmetry and spacing are interesting. The implementation is pretty clever too. Think of it as a fuzz factory for tremolo. So, if you find it interesting, I think you should give it a go.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: benny_profane on September 09, 2020, 04:12:01 PM
There are differences between the two. The cardinal has harmonic tremolo while the lune does not. I think that the lune project is worthwhile: it is a comprehensively controllable analogue tremolo. The symmetry and spacing are interesting. The implementation is pretty clever too. Think of it as a fuzz factory for tremolo. So, if you find it interesting, I think you should give it a go.
Thanks, I figured I could probably get them to sound similar but If I can get some unique sounds it's worth it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?