News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sea Urchin power problem

Started by bangerang101, November 29, 2011, 06:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bangerang101

Wait, I spoke too soon, lol... it's working great now except theres some motorboating at the last 75% of the delay pot rotation, but it's not un-bearable and it's pretty quiet... just sort of a "in the backround" noise I can hear when I have my amp up loud. Is there a resistor value I can change to just reduce the amount of delay time?

Also, I added 100k pulldown resistor on the output jack (from tip to sleeve), and the circuit already has a 1m pulldown at the input (on the board)... I am still having the same problem, it pops the very first time I plug it in and hit the switch, then after that, the switching is totally silent. Just was wondering if theres an explanation for this, and if there is a fix for it.
Owner of Luck Duck Pedals (LDP)

bangerang101

fixed my problem: I just sent a wire from the dc jack ground (which I had grounded to the extra ground pad on the board) to the main star ground on the switch, and it fixed the popping and quieted it down some as well... go figure.
Owner of Luck Duck Pedals (LDP)

bigmufffuzzwizz

I haven't had any problem with the PT2399's I've ordered from Tayda, I've used them in my little angel and doombutter which both work fine. I've yet to try them in a delay and see if I get the same issues..good you got it solved though..
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals