News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

N80sTPAD

Started by Willybomb, November 21, 2020, 03:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

That's right guys.  It's a New 80's Tube PreAmp Day.

I saw an ADA MP1 on a trestle table at a garage (yard sale) sale for $20AUD, and I believe the whole street heard me yell "Oh my god" as I threw the cash at the bloke.

I took it to the local and tried it with a step down transformer and it powered up.  I purchased the step down.

I took it home and plugged it all in.  Finally worked out how to edit the preset and got some sound.  No other presets worked, so I did a preset reload and I had sound.  I believe the internal battery is flat as it returns to a "All zero" state in all the patches until the patch is edited or all the presets are reloaded, so I will replace that and we should be golden.

I don't know that it will be part of my rig, but I had to have it, working or not.  I will do a tone capture for my Mooer Preamp Live though...

Willy.

gordo

Excellent score!  I've always been on the lookout for one of these just to have.  The battery is a PITA to find but there's tons of mods on the interwebz to swap it out with a CR2032 and holder.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

pickdropper

Well, I'm jealous.  What an amazing score.  I wanted one of these as a kid and still sort of do.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

cooder

The ol' garage sale, aye...?!? Whoop whoop.
BigNoise Amplification

Aentons

Yep, that's an awesome score. Years ago somebody gave me one they had as a parts spare and I was too young to think about repairing it and immediately disassembled it and salvaged for parts. I probably still have a couple of knobs hanging out somewhere.

I looked it up a few months back and was surprised to find that ADA makes a couple of MP1 based pedals now which look pretty cool.

The APP-1 and the MP-1-Channel
https://www.adaamps.com/products

Willybomb

QuoteThe battery is a PITA to find but there's tons of mods on the interwebz to swap it out with a CR2032 and holder.

Fixed it today.  Took me longer to unscrew the top and bottom lids off than it did to replace the battery with a holder.  Works fine now.