News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Build dump (Chorus & Drives)

Started by dan.schumaker, September 15, 2020, 05:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

Here are the builds I've boxed up this weekend.  This is about the end of a big PCB order I got a few months back.  I have all these built up, it just takes some time to box them up :)

This is the Replicant Deluxe Chorus pedal.  It is a dual chorus, allowing you to switch between two chorus presets.  Knobs for Mix, Feedback and Delay, a switch for the clock range.  I love me a chorus, and this one is really fun, all the bells and whistles.

The Eidolon is the Smashing Pumpkins in a box.  Its a combination of the MXR Distortion II and an Op-Amp Big Muff. 

The Torrent is a combination of a Klon-Type boost and the Benson Pre-amp that seems to be all the rage these days.  I've tried the Benson in a 1590A that never sounded quite right, but it works well in here.  Its basically a modded Plexi-Drive, but its a nice sounding overdrive.

The Dirty Martini is my take on the Frantone Hi-Ball.  I'm a big fan of Brian Fallon and the Gaslight Anthem, and that pedal was built for him.  Its a Distortion+, but it has an interesting feature of when the clipping diodes change, the feedback of the second half of the op amp throttles the volume down, so you don't get the volume jump you sometimes get switching clipping diodes.  The giant switch is to turn on or off the input buffer.  There is also an added Micro Boost on the end of the chain.

And here are my obligitory 1590A builds :)

The Istanbul is a Dumble inspired drive with its roots in the Zen Drive camp

Roscosmos is a pretty clean boost pedal using depletion-mode Mosfets

And the Fuzz Franktory is a custom build.  Its a four-knob Fuzz Factory, with an added LPB-1 on the end to really push the volume up.

gordo

Superb builds as always.  You should think about offering up a laser etch service, those enclosures are really nice.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

dan.schumaker

Quote from: gordo on September 15, 2020, 07:08:09 AM
Superb builds as always.  You should think about offering up a laser etch service, those enclosures are really nice.

Shipping might make that idea not super practical, but if you want to be a guinea pig Gordy, I'm in for it!

Bio77

Those are all great!  The laser etching is really beautiful. 

Does the name Replicant imply Clone flavor in the circuit? 

dan.schumaker

Quote from: Bio77 on September 15, 2020, 09:33:46 AM
Those are all great!  The laser etching is really beautiful. 

Does the name Replicant imply Clone flavor in the circuit?

It is Clone flavored   ;D

(I do not endorse eating clones  ;D)

Bio77

cooder

You're pumping them out! Excellent all around and the laser etching is the icing. Top shelf +
BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

These are awesome, maybe one day I could get a board or an enclosure etched up for a fellow michigander. Your boards are always top notch!
Who the hell is Bucky?

dan.schumaker

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on September 18, 2020, 01:02:55 PM
These are awesome, maybe one day I could get a board or an enclosure etched up for a fellow michigander. Your boards are always top notch!

Yeah, if you ever see anything you want, just drop me a line!  I'll gladly help out a fellow Michigander (even though you are an east-sider  ;) )