News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Headtrip2 patches - you decide!

Started by madbean, September 15, 2020, 05:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Things are going to start ramping back up here at mbp very soon but before I put out the next batch of releases I'd like to get suggestions for the Headtrip2.

The HT2 PCB is already complete but the patches are not finalized. There will be 8 available. I have ideas of things I want to include but I'd like to get suggestions in case someone has a really cool idea. Most likely I will put in a couple of patches from the OG Dreamtime and HT1 projects and a couple really cool new ones I have cooking. This leaves the opportunity for you guys to make suggestions on other effects I could include as patches.

So, put in your suggestions for your top 3 or 4 requests for FV-1 patches and I'll see what I can come up with in response. Keep in mind I cannot do things like tap tempo or presets. I'm only looking for suggestions on particular effects that would make a good multi-effect pedal out of the HT2. Also, there are only three knobs to change parameters on each patch so keep that in mind with your requests.

cooder

Harmonic tremololololo would tickle my fancy.
BigNoise Amplification

Aentons

Spring reverb (6G15/Topanga)
whammy/pitch shifter
bitcrusher

m-Kresol

I still really dig the DBA reverberation machine in "dark mode". it's like a fuzzy, long reverb. something like this or similar in the ambient categorie would be cool. controls could be decay length, fuzz, mix.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

matmosphere

I'm going to make an unpopular request.. Ring Mod.

Bio77

What about an arpeggiated delay? Something like first, fifth, octave would be most universal, or all octaves. 

I have some flange and chorus patches on an FV-1 build.  In my opinion the FV-1 doesn't do these well, but the delays and reverbs are excellent.

DLW

Betty Wont

Quote from: Matmosphere on September 16, 2020, 10:56:16 AM
I'm going to make an unpopular request.. Ring Mod.
Envelope and modulated ring mod.

dawson

Well, since you ask, I could really use:
1. Reverse delay
2. Octave generator

+Bonus challenge+
A tremolo that rhythmically accelerates & decelerates between 1x & 2x speed.
The controls could be:
Rate: Speed of the tremolo (x)
Cycle: How often the speed swaps between 1x & 2x
Offset: How long the speed ramps between 1x & 2x

^Did that make any sense whatsoever?
^My MoogerFooger ring modulator can do something like this, but I've stopped lugging that big beautiful weirdo around.
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

madbean

Lot of good suggestions here so I will use them as a guide. I think the only that probably won't work for the HT2 is tremolo because the wet and dry are different controls. IOW, if you wanted to use a trem you'd have to turn down the dry signal all the way. It's still possible to do, just not ideal. Or, maybe there is a way around it that I don't know about.

Willybomb

QuoteI have some flange and chorus patches on an FV-1 build.  In my opinion the FV-1 doesn't do these well, but the delays and reverbs are excellent

After building Megatron TMK, I tend to agree with this.

madbean

Quote from: Willybomb on September 18, 2020, 02:40:03 AM
QuoteI have some flange and chorus patches on an FV-1 build.  In my opinion the FV-1 doesn't do these well, but the delays and reverbs are excellent

After building Megatron TMK, I tend to agree with this.

I find the chorus to be adequate, esp. when used in combination with delay. But, yeah, I don't like the canned flanger sound. Maybe I could do something to make it more interesting, like an envelope controlled rate or depth mod. That could be cool.

Willybomb

The chorus was functional.... the onboard chorus/reverb is nice.

madbean

So having patches is not going to be a problem. I think I've worked out about 15 new ones in the last week or so. I'm also working on some stereo patches for the stereo FV-1 project, too. That comes out this winter.

Here's a preview of one of the stereo patches:
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/madbeanpedals/fv1-stereodelay-ex[/soundcloud]

jimilee

Dooood!! That's badassery heir Bean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.