News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A new duck in my life. And some Honey pie...

Started by cooder, September 19, 2020, 12:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Two recent builds just buttoned up:
First is Autoquack, a Mad Prof Snowy White Autowah.
Ever since another friend wrestled the first one I had on an etched board out of my hands never to be returned I wanted another one.
So here's my home brew one with Coda relay bypass design.
Sounds great with the BAT41 at D3 position and a 1uF electro in pace of the 2u2 in the decay circuit (as I found recommended on Fuzzdog build docs).
Love me some quack...

And Honey Pie.
A Vemuram Jan Ray with added clipping options because why not and added switchable 9 to 18V cahrgepump because why not.
Overdrives. Why not.

BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Both pedals look great! How does the jan ray stack up against a timmy? I thought I saw somewhere they were identical.

How about that beautiful SWAW board? Got an extra laying around? 😉

I built one years ago and had a similar situation and it has been on permanent loan for about six years.

jimilee

Those look fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

These are great. I have had a snow white wah pcb laying around about a year now, I might have to put it together. Love your layouts lately!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

Cheers Gents!
Quote from: Thewintersoldier on September 19, 2020, 02:54:14 PM
These are great. I have had a snow white wah pcb laying around about a year now, I might have to put it together. Love your layouts lately!

Yes I do like the Snow white, works great for me. Can only recommend it. I do think the recommended tweaks from Brians and Fuzzdogs build docs of those seem to make it more sensitive and easier to dial in, so I'm happy with that.
Quote from: jjjimi84 on September 19, 2020, 05:02:17 AM
Both pedals look great! How does the jan ray stack up against a timmy? I thought I saw somewhere they were identical.

How about that beautiful SWAW board? Got an extra laying around? 😉

I built one years ago and had a similar situation and it has been on permanent loan for about six years.
Cheers Jimi!
As for the Snow White yes I do have extra boards, will send you PM regarding that.
The Jan Ray is very similar but not quite identical to the original Timmy.
Do you need both?
No.
Do you want both?
Yes (at least me that is and a friend asked me/egged me on to do the Jan Ray).
Does curiousity kill the cat?
Every. Friggin. Time.

To be more precise: they still have their differences in sound and feel, having said that you could still dial them in and make them sound very similar too and they are close IMO.
Same with the "Lovepedal Super Six Stevie Mod" and the "Lovepedal 11", all very close to Timmy and basically a ripoff by Mr. Lovepedal.
I have also just designed a board for Timmy 3-15th anniversary version, which is again similar but has a voice switch added.
All in the same ball park, all great overdrives.
BigNoise Amplification