News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel (Lace Sensor PIF and gtr2 housewarming content!)

Started by Bret608, July 16, 2012, 09:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

Hi all,

I've had this boxed up for six weeks now, but due to moving to a new house am just now getting the chance to post this!

Edit: I didn't like the way the images were embedded, so I looked at Jacob's tutorial and got it right this time!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And here are the guts...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The TL062 and JRC4558 are from Lacesensor's holiday PIF. The 3PDT was from gtr2...I ordered some of his awesome footswitch wiring boards in the middle of said move to help fix some grounding noise issues I was having related to not-so-great wiring. He kindly hooked me up with a 3PDT so I wouldn't have to order one randomly just because I was in a pinch! I love this community.

LaceSensor

gtr2

Great to see the build report on this beast!

Awesome!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Bret608

Thanks guys! Looking at the guts now, I'm feeling pretty good about how it all came out. If you look close, you'll notice one of the wires on the output jack is actually soldered in on the top of the 3PDT board. I had snipped that one a little short, and when I went in through the bottom of the board, it was almost bumping up against the adjacent wire with a tiny bit of exposed portion. I had my electronics instructor friend look over my wiring before I did the final soldering, and that was the fix he suggested. I love double-sided boards.

pickdropper

Very nice, Bret.  I am impressed you could fit one of Josh's boards in there as well.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Bret608

Thanks Dave...it actually ended up being a pretty natural fit. I probably got a bit lucky that the drill template I provided to PPP worked out so well. That said, gtr2's boards seem to fit in a 1590b with no problems, so I'll be using them anytime I do a 1590b build without a battery. In fact, in this case I had the jacks just deep enough in the enclosure so that the 3PDT board actually fit in partially on top of them, but not touching!