News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3D printed drill guides?

Started by matmosphere, September 22, 2020, 05:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

Has anyone run across any 3D printed drill templates for jack, or pot spacing or anything like that?

I was thinking of making them but I thought I'd check if someone else already has before I invest the time. Maybe do a vfe one because all the spacing is standard, maybe top mounted jacks for 1590b and 125b and something for a 1590a.

If anyone has some cad files laying around with the measurements it would probably make it easy to throw these together. Maybe I should figure out github.

Jay.lingelbach

I can help with GitHub. I'm a software engineer by day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

benny_profane

I can't help you, but I'd definitely be interested in a drill guide for 1590B top jacks.

Timko

I can also github assist.  I'm also a software engineer (well, I manage now and moonlight as an engineer in my free time ;) ).

TFZ

I think I saw somebody do exactly that in one of the build threads. But if you have a printer, designing that would be a matter of minutes in Fusion 360 or Freecad.

Not sure how Github factors into all of this. If you have found a design on there just download it. As long as you don't want to contribute to a project you don't need to concern yourself with all the version control stuff and command line headaches  ;D.

matmosphere

Quote from: TFZ on September 24, 2020, 08:44:21 AM
I think I saw somebody do exactly that in one of the build threads. But if you have a printer, designing that would be a matter of minutes in Fusion 360 or Freecad.

Not sure how Github factors into all of this. If you have found a design on there just download it. As long as you don't want to contribute to a project you don't need to concern yourself with all the version control stuff and command line headaches  ;D.

I have a printer, and yes the design would be somewhat trivial. I was just wondering if anyone had done it already, because I am a firm believer in not reinventing the wheel if you don't need to.

I was asking about github because I suspect that if it does exist already then it is somewhere on there. I'm not great at finding things on github though, which is something I wouldn't mind working on.