News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Night Sweats and a Big As Bassman

Started by cooder, September 26, 2020, 08:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Night Sweats is a double combo of the ol' Crowther Hotcake (2003 version) on top or select the toggle down and we have a Clark Gainster on tap for the more benign low to mid gains.
Works well together and gives a bit more variety in my beloved 125B with jacks on top format. As I don't do 1590As (I need top mounted jacks for my board) this is my way of squeezing extra juice out of the space.

Big As Bassman is my version of Catalinbread 5F6A, added the presence control on dash rather than inside trimmer, gave it a 9 to 18V selector with charge pump inside  (it sounds soooo good on 18 V I think....) and split the 4P2T switch into two 2DPDT which allows for more tonal variety while we're at it. Also the 2PDTs are easier to get and maybe more reliable than the 4PDTs I have a feeling...
Anyway, lovin' it. Big bold classic and a lot of variety to be had with this. SMD 4393 trannies.
Acrylic faceplate, laser decal, onboard Coda relay. Works for me.

BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

These are awesome cooder, you just keep stepping up your game non stop. I would love to hear the baseman, I have such a love of the 5f6 circuit.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

EBK

Those knobs on the Night Sweats pedal seem to go perfectly with that font.   8)

Both pedals look great.  Nice work!
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

dan.schumaker

Quote from: cooder on September 26, 2020, 08:27:22 PM
As I don't do 1590As

I lost you there, stopped reading after that  ;D

Looks awesome, you are really getting the hang of board design!

jimilee

You are on fire!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Thanks Gents!
Quote from: dan.schumaker on September 27, 2020, 04:47:08 AM
Quote from: cooder on September 26, 2020, 08:27:22 PM
As I don't do 1590As

I lost you there, stopped reading after that  ;D

Looks awesome, you are really getting the hang of board design!
I knew that would trigger you.... ;)
BigNoise Amplification