News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

November release: EpiPen, Promenade and the IMP 2022 now available!

Started by madbean, November 18, 2022, 03:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Boxbuilder

Cool beans! 

Does the Promenade have 1 filter or 2 filters (like the original bassballs)? I'm not good enough at reading schematics to tell  ???

Cheers!

Thewintersoldier

Who the hell is Bucky?

madbean

Quote from: Boxbuilder on November 18, 2022, 04:32:47 PM
Cool beans! 

Does the Promenade have 1 filter or 2 filters (like the original bassballs)? I'm not good enough at reading schematics to tell  ???

Cheers!

It has two filter stages in series, the only difference being the first is tuned for low frequencies and the second for high frequencies (note the difference in cap values b/w C9/10 and C11/12.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Tremster

Cool!
What are the differences between the Epipen and the FatPants jr., other than the Volume knob? Is this the 1590B version, just as the Imp is the 1590B of a previous A version?

madbean

Quote from: Tremster on November 21, 2022, 11:02:59 AM
Cool!
What are the differences between the Epipen and the FatPants jr., other than the Volume knob? Is this the 1590B version, just as the Imp is the 1590B of a previous A version?

They are different in a couple of ways:
-The EpiPen is much closer to the ClinchFX one than the FatPants because of the unique gain control (on the FatPants it's just a plain volume).
-The EpiPen has more super clean output even with the MORE switch engaged, IMO. FatPants gets a little more hairy.

Either are just fine and if you already built the FatPants and are happy with it the EpiPen might be redundant for you. But, since I no longer offer that project I figured I'd do something new and a bit different this time (also because I don't plan on doing any more 1590A projects).