News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Oct. Release Update

Started by madbean, October 13, 2020, 05:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I was pushing to get the Oct. releases out Thursday but realistically I have 3 or 4 more days of work to do. All the builds are done but I'm still finalizing the Headtrip 2 patches and then I need to type up documentation.

Anyway, it's coming soon and a reminder that this release will include a giveaway (Violenzz Fuzz).

For the HT2 - these patches are finalized and will be included:
ChoirMouse - Octaver a la the Organized Trio
Fourgan - Diphthong envelope filter plus organ (it sounds hella cool)
Sinkhole - Whammy Detune + Tremolo
WhiteHole - Delay + Flanger
Dreamtime - From the OG Dreamtime project
These Halls - Reverb + choir

These are the remaining I am still deciding on (and debugging)
Spacebomb - Reverb with a "flange bomb"
These Ruins - Reverb with 4th down 5th up
WarbleOnder - Weird but cool enveloped pitch shifter
Asymptomata - Delay w/ slicey filter tails

Plus about 5 others that I worked out but decided to put to a later project!

jimilee

Yes please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Sounds cool Brian! I've been wanting to make an FV1 project for a long time, this one sounds like a great candidate. Also Spacebomb sounds fun.

Quick question, what is the Organized Trio? I couldn't find anything by that name.

madbean

Quote from: Matmosphere on October 14, 2020, 09:26:44 AM
Sounds cool Brian! I've been wanting to make an FV1 project for a long time, this one sounds like a great candidate. Also Spacebomb sounds fun.

Quick question, what is the Organized Trio? I couldn't find anything by that name.

I meant Organizer (EQD). I was thinking of a VST plugin called Organized Trio

matmosphere

Quote from: madbean on October 14, 2020, 10:12:30 AM
Quote from: Matmosphere on October 14, 2020, 09:26:44 AM

Then I'm sold, that is the one FV-1 project that's been on my list forever.

I meant Organizer (EQD). I was thinking of a VST plugin called Organized Trio

zgrav

Looking forward to the HT2.  Is the Vionenzz Fuzz a take on a classic pedal?

madbean

Quote from: zgrav on October 15, 2020, 08:52:22 AM
Is the Vionenzz Fuzz a take on a classic pedal?

It's the Eric Johnson Fuzz (Dunlop).

zgrav

I was wondering if it was going to be a fuzz face variant.  thnaks!

madbean

Last three docs will be up tomorrow. These are pretty complicated to document but I've gone the extra step with them. I'm including some simple artwork for the Headtrip2, Kezurou-kai and Tone Virus since there are so many controls/settings for each. Hopefully this will make them easier builds for some! The artwork .psd files will also be included so you can modify them however your like to make them your own.

I'm shooting the demos for all the releases first so I think Friday will be the day everything is out.

Final effects list for the Headtrip2:
ChoirMouse - Octaver a la the Organizer
Fourgan - Diphthong envelope filter plus organ
Sinkhole - Whammy Detune + Tremolo
WhiteHole - Delay + Flanger
Dreamtime - From the OG Dreamtime project
Spacebomb - Reverb with a "flange bomb"
These Halls - Reverb + choir
These Ruins - Reverb with 4th down 5th up

I'm including a little bit of documentation on general FV-1 development. It's pretty basic but at some point I'd like to follow up with a full tutorial. I'd spend more time on it now except that this has already been one of the most work-intensive releases I've done in a couple of years.

harryklippton

I'm excited about the headtrip 2 despite not having built the headtrip 1 board I have

m-Kresol

great stuff. I'm looking forward to the HT2 and my lectic-fx zirconia (diamond comp) has never left my setup, so I'll recommend that one too.

minor thing: I'd suggest a DPDT footwswitch for the tails switch in the HT2, so much better imo than a 3pdt
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jimilee

Friday is payday too.!!!!

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: m-Kresol on October 21, 2020, 10:45:27 AM
great stuff. I'm looking forward to the HT2 and my lectic-fx zirconia (diamond comp) has never left my setup, so I'll recommend that one too.

minor thing: I'd suggest a DPDT footwswitch for the tails switch in the HT2, so much better imo than a 3pdt

Certainly a DPDT would be fine. Lately I've been using these which actuate more like a DPDT, but they haven't been in stock for a bit: https://lovemyswitches.com/pro-3pdt-latched-foot-switch-solder-lugs-feather-soft-click/

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on October 21, 2020, 12:09:27 PM

Certainly a DPDT would be fine. Lately I've been using these which actuate more like a DPDT, but they haven't been in stock for a bit: https://lovemyswitches.com/pro-3pdt-latched-foot-switch-solder-lugs-feather-soft-click/
Check out the company that bought mammoth, their stuff is reasonably priced and so is the shipping. I've lots many things from them.

dan.schumaker

Quote from: jimilee on October 21, 2020, 12:34:38 PM
Quote from: madbean on October 21, 2020, 12:09:27 PM

Check out the company that bought mammoth, their stuff is reasonably priced and so is the shipping. I've lots many things from them.

Stompboxparts

Ross there is awesome to deal with!  I get a lot of my stuff there now, it really helps that its 5 minutes from the office, I just pop in there and pick up what I need  ;D