News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Handy little tool

Started by madbean, October 18, 2020, 10:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

If you need to get a bunch of voltages from inside a pedal, a ground clip wired to a the sleeve of an empty plug sure does make life easier. Not sure why it took me so long to get around to making one.

jimilee

Nice, I see what's going on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Leevibe

That's in the bucket of "why didn't I think of that very obvious thing?" Nice.

peterc

Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

Muadzin

I am not quite sure what this is supposed to do, I guess I am not as savvy as I would like to think. Can anyone enlighten me?

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Muadzin on October 19, 2020, 03:03:40 AM
I am not quite sure what this is supposed to do, I guess I am not as savvy as I would like to think. Can anyone enlighten me?

If the Sleeve of the jack is grounded (to the enclosure or directly with a ground wire) then once this is plugged in, it has a constant connection to GND. No need to hold your black meter lead to GND or poking around to find it  ;)

jkokura

Oh man, I've never thought of that! That's so smrt.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

davent

I was at a loss as well, i've had mini-grabber leads forever and use one of those to free up a hand.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

pickdropper

Quote from: davent on October 19, 2020, 10:10:08 AM

I was at a loss as well, i've had mini-grabber leads forever and use one of those to free up a hand.

dave

Minigrabbers are what I use as well.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

alanp

Spare alligator leads, here.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

davent

Quote from: alanp on October 19, 2020, 04:01:52 PM
Spare alligator leads, here.

I also have banana plugs to alligator clips lead but the mini-grabbers are much easier to use, can get into much tighter and further away places.

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=30928.msg306810#msg306810
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?