News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Happy NGD to me!

Started by dan.schumaker, October 19, 2020, 06:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

I had a NGD on Friday.  I've been looking for a while to add something really nice to my collection.  While I have plenty of guitars, and a few really nice ones, they are all import models, knock-offs, or lower quality guitars.  Schu-Tone has done ok for me for the last little bit, and I had a little bit of cash burning a hole in my Paypay account, so I was on the lookout for a nice electric guitar.  I had originally set my sights on one of the PRS 35th anniversary S2 Custom 24 models thinking that would be a nice one to have.  In the last few months of looking on Reverb, I convinced myself I could move into a core series for about the same amount of cash.  So the focus switched to the Custom 22's and the like.  Last week I stumbled on this guy on Reverb.  The seller was in Detroit, about 2 hours away, so my wife and I took a day trip over on Friday to pick this guy up.

Its a 20th Anniversary Custom 22, with a 10-Top and bird inlays, beautiful flame on this guy.  I got a screaming deal on this because there was no case and a few little dings here and there, but for the price, nothing that I couldn't live with.  Even after buying a hard-case for it, I was still well under what a S2 would have cost.  The guy said he was a shredder, and has it setup super-low, and it plays like butter.  It is definitely wayyyyy nicer of a guitar than my playing ability warrants  ;D

alanp

Thought the headstock was a Cole Clark signature for a moment, and got quite confused.

Really nice looking chunk of wood, there! ;) :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

matmosphere

Nice man! That looks like a fine machine to test some pedals out with.

I'm not a great player either. I've been playing for probably 25 years though, so don't feel bad, you aren't alone.

jimilee

That's dead sexy.

I must say that, as a bass player, my guitar collection far exceeds my ability to play them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Leevibe

Congrats! That is gorgeous

gordo

Great score there Dan.  That's a great looking guitar.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

pickdropper

Very cool, Dan.  Those are nice guitars. 

I have a core SC245 that I love as well as an SE Zach Myers.  At some point, I'd like to add a core Custom 22 as well.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jjjimi84

Aww man! That is a beautiful guitar, what a great get.

flanagan0718

I got an S2 a couple years back. They are amazing instruments! Enjoy, that is a super nice color too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooder

Sweet guitar it is, very cool!  8) Love those solid bridges that just scream sturdy craftsmanship and toan. Beautiful colours and grain.
BigNoise Amplification

Haberdasher

Sweet!  I'm a little jealous, hah.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

atreidesheir

It is always a great idea to buy the core guitars used for the same price as a new S2.  Those guitars play like they were made just for you.
I am curious how the difference of the scale length feels.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

dan.schumaker

Quote from: atreidesheir on October 24, 2020, 04:02:16 PM
It is always a great idea to buy the core guitars used for the same price as a new S2.  Those guitars play like they were made just for you.
I am curious how the difference of the scale length feels.

It actually feels really comfortable.  I've been bouncing between playing a Strat and SG anyway, so having that scale length right in the middle feels really natural.

matmosphere

I didn't realize prs used 25". My Danelectro's are all 25" scale length. I've always found it very comfortable.

I've never really played A PRS much, but I did a tour at their factory last year and they have a great setup and definitely are solid with quality control.

pickdropper

Quote from: Matmosphere on October 25, 2020, 07:38:47 AM
I didn't realize prs used 25". My Danelectro's are all 25" scale length. I've always found it very comfortable.

I've never really played A PRS much, but I did a tour at their factory last year and they have a great setup and definitely are solid with quality control.

Most of them are 25" but some are shorter.  The 594 is 24.594" and the 245, the Zach Myers and Santana are 24.5".  There are a few longer ones as well, but I don't remember exactly which models.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper