News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ocean Blue delay and Sweet Manuka Honey.

Started by cooder, October 19, 2020, 02:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

A friend borrowed my Mad Prof Deep Blue delay I built, you know the story, he twisted my arm as friends do and it never made it back.
Everyones happy and a reason to build another one, this time upgraded to the mods that Bean suggests in the Etcher's paradise section and also with onboard relay bypass. So here the "Ocean Blue", back home on my board.

And some "Sweet Manuka", version of BJFE Honey Bee Overdrive built after Aion schematic also with the mods suggested to caps value.
I added a clipping switch because why not, difference is subtle in this circuit.
Manuka Honey is by the way the top shelf grade of Honey we export from NZ for top dollars (I believe NZ is the biggest honey exporter in da world) as it has healing properties, made by happy bees (hopefully) from native Manuka trees.
The graphics are another kiwi icon, the Buzzy Bee, a classic kids toy here and my grandson, who lives in the States has one too, of course. Had to be a honey coloured pcb as you'd expect.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=buzzy+bee

BigNoise Amplification

alanp

Does the OD make that clacking sound that buzzy bees are supposed to?

Very nice work!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Bret608

Aw, you're a granddad now! Happy to hear that. Sweet builds as always. You know what you should do? A hokey-pokey ice cream-themed pedal. Manuka is great of course; my whole family was over the moon with that ice cream in NZ though!

Thewintersoldier

Man your builds are always so impressive, makes me look like I'm still learning to color inside the lines lol cause I am. I strive for this level of exellence. These are just too cool.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

alanp

Don't forget orange choc chip. I heard once that that is not a big flavour, outside NZ.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Leevibe

cooder

Cheers Gents, much appreciated!
Quote from: alanp on October 19, 2020, 04:03:34 PM
Does the OD make that clacking sound that buzzy bees are supposed to?

Very nice work!
I forgot about that 'special effect'... it does rattle the floorboard well though when I crank up the amp... ;)

Quote from: Bret608 on October 20, 2020, 05:43:53 AM
Aw, you're a granddad now! Happy to hear that. Sweet builds as always. You know what you should do? A hokey-pokey ice cream-themed pedal. Manuka is great of course; my whole family was over the moon with that ice cream in NZ though!
Great idea, Hokey Pokey is a great pedal name anyway! You shall see it here in due course...
And then there's Pavlova and Lamingtons... oh where to stop...
Quote from: Thewintersoldier on October 20, 2020, 05:58:51 AM
Man your builds are always so impressive, makes me look like I'm still learning to color inside the lines lol cause I am. I strive for this level of exellence. These are just too cool.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Cheers Chris I am in awe of your builds and big stuff that you pump out, like the DC Echo and stuff, and the way you put things together and the final results are amazeballs. Always enjoy seeing your builds!
BigNoise Amplification