News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Revolution has begun...bloodstone

Started by Thewintersoldier, October 24, 2020, 03:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Here is another of the extra boards I had lying around so I thought let's make it better than the last time. This time I decided to add the vibrato option, and I'm glad I did. It's quite seasick sounding, which I'm sure I will find a use for. This is overall a bad ass circuit. Doesn't go as slow as the small stone but goes a lot faster, almost ring modish. Smooooooth.
    For the enclosure I went with Korg, hes made of rock, but don't let that intimanate you, unless your made of scissors. He was perfect for this and I'm really happy with how it turned out. This time he printed enough pamphlets for the revolution.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

That is a badass phaser isn't it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

More killer work! Looks great as always, easily my favorite quote in that movie.

Just a little Rock Paper Scissors joke for ya there.

Bio77

That's killer!  I love this circuit, one of my favorites  8)

Thewintersoldier

Thanks guys, by any chance would anyone have any idea on how to mod the rate so it's slower like in the newer nano reissues?

Who the hell is Bucky?

Betty Wont

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on October 24, 2020, 05:27:36 PM
Thanks guys, by any chance would anyone have any idea on how to mod the rate so it's slower like in the newer nano reissues?

I second this ^

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Torgoslayer on October 24, 2020, 05:36:25 PM

I second this ^
I posted on the lectric fx board and Scruffie said increase c13. I guess now its just seeing to what value gets the desired effect. time for some good ol trial and error!
Who the hell is Bucky?

gordo

Great build.  I'm not a phaser guy (although I must have 10 of them) but this thing nails the original.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on October 24, 2020, 06:34:59 PM
Great build.  I'm not a phaser guy (although I must have 10 of them) but this thing nails the original.
Not a phaser guy?

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jjjimi84 on October 24, 2020, 04:01:31 PM
More killer work! Looks great as always, easily my favorite quote in that movie.

thanks new Doug!

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on October 24, 2020, 05:58:41 PM

I second this ^
I posted on the lectric fx board and Scruffie said increase c13. I guess now its just seeing to what value gets the desired effect. time for some good ol trial and error!
I put in a 4u7 in c13, I socketed and tried everything from 1u5 to 5u6. less than 3u3 and it was still too fast and anything over 5u6 was overkill.
Quote from: jimilee on October 24, 2020, 07:14:15 PM
Not a phaser guy?

LOL Jimi speaks the truth, testify brother! Next phaser I build is the polyphase that brian is supposed to drop hopefully by the end of the year. I can not stress how bad I want to build this!
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on October 24, 2020, 07:33:31 PM
Quote from: jjjimi84 on October 24, 2020, 04:01:31 PM

thanks new Doug!

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on October 24, 2020, 05:58:41 PM

I second this ^
I put in a 4u7 in c13, I socketed and tried everything from 1u5 to 5u6. less than 3u3 and it was still too fast and anything over 5u6 was overkill.
Quote from: jimilee on October 24, 2020, 07:14:15 PM
Not a phaser guy?

LOL Jimi speaks the truth, testify brother! Next phaser I build is the polyphase that brian is supposed to drop hopefully by the end of the year. I can not stress how bad I want to build this!
Same here, I'm building the glass hole also.

matmosphere

Nice build as always. That is my favorite by far of the Marvel movies. It's hilarious, and a fun ride. But if you start a movie with Thor fighting a dragon over the Immigrant Song, odds are you have already completely won me over.

Though, as another "not a phaser guy" I'm a little worried that that you and Jimi are gonna show up on my doorstep with torches now. ;)

cooder

Bad to the Bone.... ;)
Very cool and swish build again! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

Bret608

This is awesome! I had an original Bad Stone back in the day, and I still have a Bloodstone board jubal81 PIFed me that I need to debug and box. I agree, it gets into ring mod territory at the fastest speeds. Do you find it has a more metallic swoosh? That's kind of what I'm hoping for on my next phaser build.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bret608 on October 26, 2020, 06:19:09 AM
This is awesome! I had an original Bad Stone back in the day, and I still have a Bloodstone board jubal81 PIFed me that I need to debug and box. I agree, it gets into ring mod territory at the fastest speeds. Do you find it has a more metallic swoosh? That's kind of what I'm hoping for on my next phaser build.
Its an ota phaser so it's gonna do that sound in spades. Its 6 stages so it's a little richer than a small stone. In higher reaches of the feedback knob you can get some of those high peaks but I wouldn't call it metallic. When I think metallic I think boss or digital. This is smooth and organic. I highly recommend making c13 4u7, much better range on the rate knob.

Who the hell is Bucky?