News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Small Clone and Small Stone builds

Started by Ricotjuh, October 28, 2020, 12:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricotjuh

This project has been at a standstill for a long time, but this week I have just finished.
These are the Small Clone and the Small Stone. Built in the past with Tonepad PCBs. Now redrawn with all components on the PCB. This means no more loose wires are soldered. With the exception of the 9V power supply. This comes through a connector on the PCB.
Both PCBs fit exactly in a type B housing. Without a 9V battery, but I don't use it anyway.
The Small Clone works properly.
The Small Stone has a few issues. However, at a high Rate I hear an LFO tap. I was able to reduce this by placing a 1uf capacitor over input 2 and 3 of ic5.
In addition, there is an audible volume difference when I switch the color switch.
Which is strange when you consider that this should only affect the feedback loop. This changes the phaser operation, you should get a more extreme phasing sound.
This also happens, but with some sort of volume drop.
Do more people have problems / experience with this?

jimilee

Really really nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Talk about nailing the look and feel.  Really well done!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Govmnt_Lacky

Awesome endeavor and sweet builds.

Small suggestion....

On the Clone, maybe provide the option to install a trimmer that is adjustable when the circuit is inside and mounted? Either mount the trimmer on the opposite side of the PCB (if there is enough clearance) or have an adjustment hole in the PCB with a different trimmer that has the option to adjust on either side.

Ricotjuh

Thanks for the nice comments. As for the trimmer, you only have to set it once, or do you experience that it expires over time?

Thewintersoldier

Really nice builds, takes alot of talent to do this level of work!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

Ricotjuh