News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rustbucket Mod Idea.

Started by Scruffie, October 29, 2020, 06:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruffie

Haven't the time to try it, but hacking the Deluxe Memory Man modulation section on to the Rustbucket could add some interesting finger movement to those violin & cello tones.

Might even get a bit analogue mellotron.
Works at Lectric-FX

matmosphere

Dude how can you tease us like that.

Sounds like a really cool idea.

Scruffie

Quote from: Matmosphere on October 29, 2020, 06:53:32 PM

I don't even know why the idea came to me! I haven't thought about the Attack Decay in ages and suddenly while thinking of switch pop of all things, there it was.

Shouldn't be hard to add on a daughterboard, I'll help if someone wants to test the idea.
Works at Lectric-FX

madbean

That is a sweet idea!
Been thinking for a while I'd like to do a different take on the circuit. Maybe combining like a slow gear with a PT2399. Something run on 9v. Possibly something could be done with the FV1 too. What would really cool is to have the same kind of envelope control as the AD with a freeze effect.

Scruffie

Quote from: madbean on October 29, 2020, 08:38:49 PM
That is a sweet idea!
Been thinking for a while I'd like to do a different take on the circuit. Maybe combining like a slow gear with a PT2399. Something run on 9v. Possibly something could be done with the FV1 too. What would really cool is to have the same kind of envelope control as the AD with a freeze effect.
A single 571 could replace both the input compressor and the output VCA, use a PT2399 for the delay & keep the AD circuitry.
Works at Lectric-FX

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on October 29, 2020, 08:38:49 PM
That is a sweet idea!
You know VFE had the echo ohce pedal that was just that. The bumble bee and the blueprint all in one with some extra features. I would love to have some of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Scruffie on October 29, 2020, 07:42:44 PM
Quote from: Matmosphere on October 29, 2020, 06:53:32 PM

I don't even know why the idea came to me! I haven't thought about the Attack Decay in ages and suddenly while thinking of switch pop of all things, there it was.

Shouldn't be hard to add on a daughterboard, I'll help if someone wants to test the idea.
this is totally my bad lol you come up with a daughter board for the rustbucket and i'll add it to mine in a heartbeat!
Who the hell is Bucky?

Scruffie

Works at Lectric-FX

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Scruffie on October 31, 2020, 08:09:35 PM
Are you a vero man?
Vero is cool, perf is the devil. I'm curious to see what you cooked up.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Scruffie

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on October 31, 2020, 09:01:38 PM
Quote from: Scruffie on October 31, 2020, 08:09:35 PM
Are you a vero man?
Vero is cool, perf is the devil. I'm curious to see what you cooked up.
Well, I wouldn't say "I" cooked it up, it's just the Memory Man LFO on a scrap of vero :)

My vero skills are a little rusty but I think this checks out, as the layout says, remove C8 on the RustBucket board and insert the connections from the daughterboard in its place. You'll need to find a suitable place to tap ground & -15V from (Pin 7 of the 4047 is @ -15V and pin 14 is ground).

There may be some adjustment necessary as it'll affect the clock frequency, measure the clock frequency at pin 10 of the 4047 before adding the board and after with the new depth pot set to minimum.

Edit: Missed a trick to call this the rusty venture...
Works at Lectric-FX