News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Chunk chunk or Dr. Boogei in a 1590LB

Started by thomasha, October 31, 2020, 05:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasha

Hi,
here I made a small layout for the Dr. Boogei to fit a 1590LB.
Instead of trimmers I checked the correct value of the anode resistors with trimmers and used the closest resistor instead. Tone stack was positioned on the side of the box with plastic shaft pots. It ended up too close to the 9v jack. In the end there was much more space available than I expected, could have moved the jack without a problem. Since I couldn't get j201 in the normal transistor package, had to use the SMD one. That required some extra wiring done with resistor legs.
Now the pictures:
Board

Pot positioning inside the enclosure

Inside the box

Final shots

Cheers!

jimilee

Wow, how cool is that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

rockola

I just love these ship-in-a-bottle builds.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

thomasha

Thanks guys!
This thing sounds brutal! amazing pedal. Lots of feedback when playing right in front o the cab.

matmosphere

Damn, these keep getting more impressive.

One of these days you need to post a picture of all of these together.

I feel inspired to put the smallest circuit I can find into the biggest enclosure I can find, because I'd never be able to do what you do.

m-Kresol

holy smokes. yet another amazing build.  no idea how you do that, jaw-dropping every time. excellent etch too
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

287m

Thewintersoldier

i could never wrap my mind around your builds, so awesome my guy!
Who the hell is Bucky?

LaceSensor

Bio77

Quote from: Matmosphere on October 31, 2020, 06:47:03 AM
Damn, these keep getting more impressive.

One of these days you need to post a picture of all of these together.

+1 

Your builds are amazing and inspirational, cheers!

MTK

Invertiguy

Sweet Jesus, that's crazy! Is there any circuit you can't cram into a tiny box? Seriously awesome work man!
Doomsday Devices

Willybomb

studiodunn

That is absolutely insane! Like Anna Nicole Smith insane...and super hot, but still crazy.