News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lectric-fx Heiss Wurst

Started by Thewintersoldier, November 01, 2020, 01:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Hot tubes, I've never had one but I had 3 different red llamas in the past so I had an idea what it would be like. I never really got on with the llama, it was supposed to be the "better" of the cmos drives but having played this I don't think so. This has the tweedy character but with more range in the drive knob and the range is more usable than the llama. And the tone control is a needed addition. I know this came first but not everything george tripps did was better. The volume cleanup is so great and the tone bypass takes it into turbo mode.
   I feel like I'm stepping on John's toes with my design but I'd like to think his work is the inspiration for me going with the graphic of ghost rider I chose. Burnt orange enclosures always turn up red on my phone but it is burnt orange. Had to move the tone bypass switch cause it would have been in johnny blaze's head. Overall great build.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

Scruffie

You keep this up and we're gonna run out of EHX effects!

Or are we 8)

FYI the Red Llama was really a Craig Anderton effect which I think might have come first.
Works at Lectric-FX

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Scruffie on November 01, 2020, 01:58:58 PM

Or are we 8)

FYI the Red Llama was really a Craig Anderton effect which I think might have come first.
The tube sound fuzz, I believe the hot tubes was pretty much a straight clone right? As for the ehx effects, I have two more on my bench up next. After I also have a couple from fuzzdog that no one else makes a board for...the Dr. Q and the baseballs. I also have a modded violet rams head muff in the works too.

Who the hell is Bucky?

Scruffie

Nah the Hot Tubes is an original design, but the Red Llama is a Tube Sound Fuzz.
Works at Lectric-FX

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Scruffie on November 01, 2020, 01:58:58 PM

Or are we 8)

What other ehx pedals you working on? Stereo pulsar?some other forgotten gem?

Who the hell is Bucky?