News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Latest builds: Rough Cut, Tone Virus, HT2, Violenzz

Started by gordo, November 05, 2020, 07:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

Gawd it was nice to get some fresh meat on the board.  Pics to follow.  The Headtrip2 was a no brainer.  Squeezing the last drop out of the FV-1 and some stuff here that requires a bit of exploration.  I first passed it off as cool noises but have circled back around and am really impressed with the pallet available.  The Whitehole is subtle but worth the price of the build.  I skimped on the decal and just used Brian's and it came back to bite me by lifting so a sure sign that the decal gods are not pleased with my lack of effort.

Rough Cut.  Been here but am revisiting and was hoping the opto's I had in stock would pan out.  Nope.  It sounds really nice with all the stuff I have but I think I'll look at the VTL5C3.  I thought the XVive I had was but it's flakey.  Still this thing has serious potential and has a nice bit of gain to overcome the MXR/Ross level issues.  Boring graphics but a keeper.

Tone Virus.  Damn I thought I had two 4017's.  Damn.

Violenzz.  The usual level challenge with a Fuzz Face.  Lots of goodness here but too quiet.  Don't recall what I used here in the BC family but went with a 291 and 600 so the numbers are there.  I'll keep fiddling.  Got the signature sag and decent clean up.  Of the gazillion FF's I've built I think this is about the closest I've got.  Having seen EJ on the last tour before lockdown and how excellent he was at doing this sort of thing I can't help but think "why bother....".  I'll get over it.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

danfrank

You know your other 4017 will show up when the order for the new ones gets delivered!
I'm looking forward to building the Tone Virus

gordo

I think the first one went into a Dig-Dug, I guess I ordered two.  Damn.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?