News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anybody use Pedal Parts Plus anymore???

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, November 06, 2020, 10:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Hadn't gone there in a LONG time. Wondering why their home page has pics of stomps, transistors, resistors, knobs, etc. yet..... they only seem to sell enclosures  ???

flanagan0718

They sold the company a few years back and the new owners seem to only want to do enclosures now...and for a very high cost I might add. They only do 25 count minimum on enclosures and they're more expensive than anyone else. I miss the days of Connie, she was great!
-Mike-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: flanagan0718 on November 06, 2020, 10:52:12 AM
They sold the company a few years back and the new owners seem to only want to do enclosures now...and for a very high cost I might add. They only do 25 count minimum on enclosures and they're more expensive than anyone else. I miss the days of Connie, she was great!
-Mike-

I remember seeing the news on that. My question is... why are they still advertising pedal parts (transistors, stomps, etc.) on their home page?

Aentons

They still have one out of stock listing for one transistor.

http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/product-p/4101.htm

Edit: found some pots in stock too!
http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/product-p/7595.htm

Edit2: here is a yellow knob
http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/product-p/10030.htm

Annnd screws...
http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/category-s/130.htm

They may not even be aware that this stuff is still listed

Long story short is they are a B2B company now and they lost their give-a snit

pickdropper

We still order from them, but it's challenging at times.  With a 25 enclosure MOQ (per color, per box size), it's more friendly for small run production than hobbyists.

They have the best selection of colors, by far, of any of the pedal specific vendors out there, and I like the sharper corners of their 125BB better than most others.  Their powder coating quality can be hit or miss at times.  It's frustrating because they are very nice people and I like supporting them, but I think they need a bit better process control.  I mean, they are significantly better than Tayda (which I consider awful) and better than Mammoth used to be, but not as good as the pro powder coaters I've seen outside of the pedal industry.  And nowhere near where Gorva is on their boxes.

They also tend to be on the expensive side, but that's sort of the nature of the beast with small runs from a smaller company.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: pickdropper on November 09, 2020, 08:42:18 AM
I mean, they are significantly better than Tayda (which I consider awful)

I do not do 'production' so I cannot judge that however, I did just get a 1590XX box from Tayda done in Hammertone Copper/Black and I must say that it was impeccable. As good as any I have seen from anywhere.

pickdropper

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on November 09, 2020, 10:31:39 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on November 09, 2020, 08:42:18 AM
I mean, they are significantly better than Tayda (which I consider awful)

I do not do 'production' so I cannot judge that however, I did just get a 1590XX box from Tayda done in Hammertone Copper/Black and I must say that it was impeccable. As good as any I have seen from anywhere.

I keep a small stock of Tayda boxes around for screwing around with (IE: not for customers).  The Hammertone Copper Vein was much nicer than the other ones and looks like it might actually be truly powder coated.  The others have a weird rubbery quality to them that probably doesn't matter if you are putting a waterslide on them, but sucks if you laser engrave.  The Hammertone etched much better.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: pickdropper on November 09, 2020, 12:32:57 PM
I keep a small stock of Tayda boxes around for screwing around with (IE: not for customers).  The Hammertone Copper Vein was much nicer than the other ones and looks like it might actually be truly powder coated.  The others have a weird rubbery quality to them that probably doesn't matter if you are putting a waterslide on them, but sucks if you laser engrave.  The Hammertone etched much better.

Well, if I remember correctly... the Copper Hammertone WAS one of their Premium options so.....  ::) :P