News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Deluxe Memory Man with negative ground... in a 1590B

Started by Aentons, November 06, 2020, 11:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aentons

Putting this here to gather any interest or ideas?

I understand this is a moonshoot type request but as they say, you'll never get it unless you ask...

I'd like a...
Deluxe Memory Man with negative ground... in a 1590B

It would be nice to have a charge pump built-in but 18v would be ok too. Just please no positive ground.

Other nice to haves would be:
- variable adjust rate and depth
- variable adjust low highpass filter on the repeats ( like on the Deluxe Memory Boy)
- one chip short delay switch (like on dc echo)

Thanks for listening to all the ranting Brian

madbean

I think it's possible to do (actually someone already did one in a 1590B a few years ago) but it would require all surface mount parts to fit in a 1590B. Probably two boards, main board having parts on both sides. Anyway, not something I see taking on as there just isn't enough demand to warrant the tremendous time it would take to make such a thing a reality.

But, I do have a 125B version that runs on 18v (still positive ground). That's something I still plan on seeing through in the near future. It's in the Project Development area, called the Tourbus.

danfrank

1590A
Not to take away from DIY...

https://youtu.be/1LKAQNypO4Y

madbean

Yeah I've almost bought that a couple of times. Just can't justify spending the $$ ATM. It does look quite cool.

Aentons

Quote from: madbean on November 06, 2020, 04:16:28 PM
But, I do have a 125B version that runs on 18v (still positive ground). That's something I still plan on seeing through in the near future. It's in the Project Development area, called the Tourbus.

Wow, not sure how I missed that... The 125B is just as good for me. I think if you converted it to negative ground you have a smash hit.

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=30111.msg290934#msg290934