News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lectric-fx Downtown deluxe octave multiplexer

Started by Thewintersoldier, November 08, 2020, 03:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Shout-out to Scruffie for always being there to answer questions, to help with mods and fix boo-boos when we need it. Help us Obi Wan Kenobi, your our only hope! This is  a good size build that is super strait forward as long as you pay attention and take your time to make sure you got all the right values. No biasing, no matching transistors. And this thing is fun. Jimi did a great video about this that really shows how to get the best out of it. This thing rips. You can get some great kyuss style riffs playing 5ths especially since in drop d with this bad boy, and is pretty damn stable for monophonic. Build it and the riffs will come.
Doctor Strange commanding the multiverse of octaves for the graphics. Dude is a total boss and was slept on for forever and so glad to see him getting the props her deserves.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jimilee

Niiiice! Glad I could be of assistance in your endeavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Scruffie

So very clean 8)

For any future readers that may feel there's a little bit of a volume drop, I suggested reducing R4 to 62k here.
Works at Lectric-FX

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jimilee on November 08, 2020, 04:40:43 PM

Thanks Jimi, there are only a couple videos on youtube showing this pedal and your video was more focused in getting the best sounds out of it rather than just showing that it exists. Huge help.
Quote from: Scruffie on November 09, 2020, 11:23:47 AM
So very clean 8)

For any future readers that may feel there's a little bit of a volume drop, I suggested reducing R4 to 62k here.
Thanks Scruffie, when you told me that It made a huge difference, and it made the blend knob more useable between extremes, gave it more range in the middle third of the pots rotation.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on November 09, 2020, 04:13:25 PM

Thanks Jimi, there are only a couple videos on youtube showing this pedal and your video was more focused in getting the best sounds out of it rather than just showing that it exists. Huge help.
So very clean 8)

That was my frustration also.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Scruffie

Quote from: jimilee on November 09, 2020, 04:31:27 PM

So very clean 8)

Did I get you to do the same thing? If so, I'll have to have Keefe change it in the build doc.
Works at Lectric-FX

jimilee

Quote from: Scruffie on November 10, 2020, 12:41:30 AM
Quote from: jimilee on November 09, 2020, 04:31:27 PM

So very clean 8)

Did I get you to do the same thing? If so, I'll have to have Keefe change it in the build doc.
Yep. I socketed that resistor. I think it's the lower bass that gives the perception of lower volume.  Wing a deaf guy with hearing aids, I can't hear lower frequencies anyway. If anything, have that resistor socketed and tweak to taste.

Bio77