News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Imp/Cave Dweller (Lead Loop Thingy)

Started by Bio77, November 10, 2020, 06:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

Some of you might be too young to remember, but we used to have these things called shows, where people played music for other people  ::)

I built this to solve my lead tone problem.  I like to have a boost at the front of my overdrive and a delay at the end, which would require a karate one/two kick, live.  It was really the only time I needed to turn on two pedals at once, so, didn't really justify getting a looper. 

This is an Imp circuit into the Cave Dweller delay with a send and return in the middle of the two.  I used two soft touch circuits and wired them both to the same switch.  Kind of elaborate for such a simple problem, but I have a lot of extra time these days  :P

CurlyMo

I love this! Did a similar thing with a Rangemaster and a Cave Dweller...no loop on mine. That said, not having to tap dance for that instant lead boost + sweet echo tone = priceless.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thewintersoldier

That's awesome John, great way to deal with a legitimate issue. Wiring looks great especially for so much off board stuff. Glad to see your doing well and staying busy.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

Bio77

Quote from: CurlyMo on November 10, 2020, 07:44:14 PM
I love this! Did a similar thing with a Rangemaster and a Cave Dweller...no loop on mine. That said, not having to tap dance for that instant lead boost + sweet echo tone = priceless.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks! I've had the Cave Dweller a long time planning to build a similar lead/boost idea with a TS in the middle.  But I like so many different ODs now that the loop idea seemed like a better option.

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on November 13, 2020, 07:57:16 AM
That's awesome John, great way to deal with a legitimate issue. Wiring looks great especially for so much off board stuff. Glad to see your doing well and staying busy.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Thanks Chris!  I'm still building, I've just been lazy with the parts ordering and I have a stack of almost finished projects.