News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Honey Dripper and Glitchee

Started by mjg, November 17, 2020, 12:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjg

A couple of finished pedals this month.  These sat on the "Wall of missing potentiometers" for a long time, but they're finally done. 

The Honey Dripper first:

And then the Glitchee.  For this one I must have put the holes too high, because the pots didn't fit into the enclosure.  Some 'adjustments' with the belt sander on the pots were required to get things to fit. 

For the enclosures, I found that the wife of a work friend does acrylic paint pouring, so commissioned a few from her.  They came out pretty awesome.  Put some waterslide decals over the top, and I'm really happy with how these look.  I'll probably get her to do a few more in future, it saves me having to think up artwork, and it looks great.

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

mjg

If you want to see how the painting is done, she's got a YouTube channel - here's one that is a similar technique to what she's done on the enclosures for me:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKKJai_aTsCtMH4FwU6U6Lw

diablochris6

Very cool enclosures! They remind me of some gas planets.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jimilee

Superb! I wish I could do the swirls, they look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

That looks so cool.  Thanks for the video, at least now I get an idea of how it's done.  Very nice builds.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Caedarn

Thanks for posting - love the enclosures!