News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Multiplex Jr (1776) modulation rate led not blinking?

Started by spilla, December 02, 2020, 02:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spilla

Just finished up the multiplex Jr from 1776 but the rate led isn't blinking. It just stays lit the whole time.

Pedal sounds great. Modulation is working and the epth/speed knobs are working too. What should I be looking for to get the rate light blinking. I've jumpered the switch (having modulation always on) could that be why?

Thanks!

matmosphere

It's one of the best delays out there imo.

Need some more info if you want help. Pictures would go a really long way. Have you rested another led to see if the one you used is just bad? Is everything hooked up correctly? Did you make sure to include a clr?

spilla

I have to agree. Sounds wicked.

That clr you mention, that's for the modulation correct? I used the xvive vtl5c3 instead of a ldr/led for that. As you can see ive jumpered the switch that controls the mod (always on). The only thing that looks suspect (to me) is D2, see the shorter leg is on the anode side, pretty sure i just clipped the anode but not the cathode after install (trimming the leads with wire cutters). Surely, the led wouldnt work if it was in the wrong way?

spilla

Here are some pics (forgot to add them to the last post)

matmosphere

Clr is a current limiting resistor, sorry I should have been more specific.

The led won't work if it's the wrong way. You can check it though. One side of the led base of flat and the other is rounded.

jimilee

Look at the schematic around R19, see if you have a short to ground somewhere between the TL072 Pins 1, 2 and your LED.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

spilla

Thanks lads got it working. Replaced R19, IC2 and teh speed pot. Then reflowed that area. Also installed a switch for the mod (regretted not doing so the first time). I've changed the value of R19, that will only effect the brightness of that led right?  Not audio?

Cheers!

gtr2

R19 is a current limiting resistor that will affect both the modulation indicator LED brightness and the LDR brightness.  So it will change the modulation depending on your value selection.
Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

spilla