News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SMD Echoplex preamp

Started by rockola, November 22, 2020, 07:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockola

Here's my latest build, all-SMD Echoplex preamp in a box that's slightly smaller than a 1590LB. KiCAD files & Gerbers @ https://github.com/rockola/pimentero

Top in glorious British Racing Green. No LED for now, might be a good idea to put one in later though.

Back.

Gutshot. Sorry about the blurriness, it was tricky to get the phone camera to focus.

dawson

Gee- I thought the FatPants Jr. PCB was tiny

This is awesome!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

rockola

Quote from: alanp on November 22, 2020, 08:23:40 PM
You crazy man.
Yep, this wasn't exactly an exercise in sanity, or practicality. Making the pot side-mounted would make this a lot more stompable. Maybe next time.

gordo

Something I've thought of doing on a lot of my pedals is cutting down the pot shaft and just leaving a flatblade screw driver slot in the top so the knobs don't move just by getting bumped.  It would look pretty f-ugly but functional.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Aentons

Quote from: gordo on November 23, 2020, 05:26:36 AM
Something I've thought of doing on a lot of my pedals is cutting down the pot shaft and just leaving a flatblade screw driver slot in the top so the knobs don't move just by getting bumped.  It would look pretty f-ugly but functional.

I've been staring at this for years trying to figure out how to do it. Looks pretty kick-a** to me.

alanp

Make the slot of the right size to be turned by a guitar pick 8)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

thomasha

That really looks nice, no gut shots?

rockola

Quote from: thomasha on November 23, 2020, 02:33:14 PM
Cheers Thomas, I was inspired by your incredible 1590LB work, this is hardly a THT flanger with 6 knobs though.

Here's a shot of the wiring mess. The PCB is tucked nicely to the side.

(Edit: I guess you meant gut shots of the MOSFET Overdrive  :) would also like to see them)

Aentons

Quote from: thomasha on November 23, 2020, 02:33:14 PM

Oh sorry, It's not one of mine (I wish). Here is a thread with some gut shots, but it doesn't reveal too much

https://www.tdpri.com/threads/blackstone-appliances-mosfet-overdrive-owners-club.386115/

Edit: looks like the pots may just be standard right-angle 9mm pcb pin type with the shafts cut short

davent

Quote from: Aentons on November 23, 2020, 05:41:59 AM

I've been staring at this for years trying to figure out how to do it. Looks pretty kick-a** to me.

I've done that with bias pots for a guitar amp, pot shafts chopped and slotted with a cut off disc in a Dremel. My guess here is the two screws hold a plate that the five pots are mounted to.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

diablochris6

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here