News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SMD PT2399

Started by Bio77, November 25, 2020, 11:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

Does anybody know if the SMD version of the PT2399 is better quality or the same as the DIPs?

I've been building quite a few 2399 projects recently and it's a bummer when the 2399 has that static on the repeats. Was wondering if using a daughter board with the SMD version would be more reliable.   

cooder

All I know is that Smallbear says that they get their PT2399 from the actual Princeton factory so there should be some benchmark to compare to if unsure.
With regards to smd chips make sure you note that there's two differnt footprint sizes AFAIK out there (150 mil wide or 300mil wide), I'm just getting parts in to do a PT2399 smd delay with chips that I got from Smallbear (with the 300 mil footprint).
BigNoise Amplification

Boba7

Quote from: Bio77 on November 25, 2020, 11:55:46 AM
Does anybody know if the SMD version of the PT2399 is better quality or the same as the DIPs?

I've been building quite a few 2399 projects recently and it's a bummer when the 2399 has that static on the repeats. Was wondering if using a daughter board with the SMD version would be more reliable.

Good question, I don't have the answer but am really interested too.
2399s from Tayda are a nightmare. I stopped after a couple orders. But even with better places (Musikding or Uk-elec in Europe), it's still so random.

danfrank

I think this is a case of "you get what you pay for"...
There is a big percentage of 2399 that get rejected and unscrupulous outlets will get them and sell them cheaper than the other places. IDK if Small Bear tests theirs for noise but I've never had noise issues from the ones I've bought at SB.
Remember, they are a lot cheaper than BBDs. Just look at it that way...