News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2020 build roundup

Started by Willybomb, December 06, 2020, 03:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

2020 was a relatively quiet year for me, and I've taken a break from building pedals to concentrate on my playing and building plastic models, but I got a fair bit done I guess.

In no particular order:

Storyboardist Exemplar.  I won this in last year's BOTY comp (or maybe even the year before), and had no inspiration for artwork.  It's transparent sticker stuff on a tayda powdercoat that I got in trade.  Blues Breaker clone.

Powerbrick:  Just a power brick that does any voltage over 12vACDC and converts to a 12v and 4x9v outlets with a passthrough for the original voltage.  Don't use it.  Another black primer over yellow box.

Nuka Cola: Storyboardist Barracana:  Another pcb I won in the BOTY comp, this time a Pantheon clone.  Datapol sticker over etching primer on yet another yellow box.

Wolverine:  Pedalpcb BE-OD.  Predrilled, prepainted, and UV printed by Tayda.

Godzilla:  Madbean's proto take on the BE-OD.  Another predrilled, prepainted, and UV print by Tayda

Willybomb

Continued:

FS-7 workalike for my MS-3.  I built 2 of these.

Bimmy:  Commission build.  Dual channel Timmy on vero with clean blend and input cap selection for use with bass.  "Dropkick" character supplied by client, other artwork by me.

Airwolf:  Dual channel X88r clone on vero with a prebooster.  IIRC, the boost is a treble booster that doesn't make unity so I need to replace it.

Dual Booster/Flux Drive:  A 4 year old commission build that was asked to be turned into something else as the client never used the Treble Booster.  I stripped the photo paper label and old paint off, replaced with a datapol sticker and put in a Hao Rustdriver on vero in, using the Crackle Not Ok as a preboost.

Pair of FS-7 workalikes in 1590a for the client above (who put also me onto the MS-3).

Willybomb

Part 3:

Mega Fett:  A dual channel Fetto with all the dipswitches externally mounted.  Used a Crackle Not Ok for the pre boost, iirc.

Crossroads:  OCD clone built as a gift from a PCB I got from FB, I think.  Might have been from here, it's been lying around a while.

Biohazard:  Dual channel Boneyard on vero, using green LEDs on channel one, and reds on channel 2.  As you can see, by now I'm pretty out of artwork ideas....

And that's it from me for 2020.  Thanks for playing.

Edit:  forgot about MiG, a dual channel TS with clipping built on a GuitarPCB board..

Willy.

cooder

And he said "it was a relatively quiet year".... yeah right. Great builds there, fab to see in a bunch, well done!
BigNoise Amplification

mjg

Wow, I'd be pretty pleased if I got that much done in a year.  Nice work.

EBK

Yeah.  By contrast, I'm having an amazingly productive year of pedal building--I'm on target to finish six.   ;D
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Willybomb

Thanks guys.  IIRC, I think the last pedal was finished in August or something like that, so I probably could have added a few more if I'd stuck at it.  There's enough populated pcbs and veros in the pile to do another 20 or so but I'm fairly uninspired about it currently.