News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Black arts toneworks Pharaoh

Started by 3tonesnd, November 30, 2020, 01:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3tonesnd

Woohoo! I just completed my first effect, built by request. And it sounds totally awesome! I would recommend it to anyone who love big muff sound, low tuning and stoner music) Basically, it is  modded Ram's head BigMuff. The Hi control lets you compensate the loss of highs while turning TONE knob down. The upper switch toggles between germanium, silicon or no diodes in second clipping stage. The lower switch gives a slight input level cut/boost (I think, i will replace it with a footswitch)

Many thanks to Effectslayouts for etching template!

Pardon my english

cooder

Great build, very well done, hard to believe it's the first!  8)
You might want to consider soldering at least one leg of each transistor in the sockets otherwise they might fall out, most likely when the nicest and most critical part of the guitar solo is about to start.
BigNoise Amplification

3tonesnd

Quote from: cooder on November 30, 2020, 03:20:21 PM
Great build, very well done, hard to believe it's the first!  8)
You might want to consider soldering at least one leg of each transistor in the sockets otherwise they might fall out, most likely when the nicest and most critical part of the guitar solo is about to start.

Not the first pedal i built. The first, that was built not for myself, but for my bandmate)

Thanks for the advice about transistors! I will definitely fix them, as soon as i recall this one to place sorted by hFe transistors in)
Pardon my english

MTK

Nice looking build, man. The Pharaoh is a sweet effect. If you haven't tried it yet, throw a Green Ringer/Tentacle in front of it, use the neck pickup, roll the tone back all the way, and doom it up. It's good stuff.