News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Boss/Sola Sound Pedal

Started by jjjimi84, December 01, 2020, 05:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Anyone else see this? Pretty cool mashup pedal limited to only 500 units.

harryklippton

I'm sure it'll be way out of my price range at the moment but I think it's a cool idea. And they recently announced they're gonna do a hm-2w too.

gordo

I did see that.  Pretty cool.  I'll bet it's spendy.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

matmosphere

I'm guessing it is not cost an arm and a leg. I bet it'll be something like $100-150.

Cool idea. It's interesting to see Boss do these collaborations. I wonder what the circuit will actually be? I'd say I doubt it will be germanium, but if they are only making 500 maybe it will be. 

Invertiguy

I'm a bit mystified by the choice myself, and not just because I'm a bit salty that it's not an FZ-2W. The rest of the Waza releases to date have been reissues of some of their most sought-after classics with new added features and conveniences, so to release a classic, much-copied circuit that Boss/Roland never had anything to do with under their own marquee is kinda out of left field and feels like they're trying to squeeze their way into the already-crowded boutique fuzz clone market. The whole limited-release aspect of it also feels like it kind of goes against their brand image of being solid,dependable, reasonably-priced workhorses that are available everywhere. In any event, it's almost not worth worrying about since scalpers will buy them all up within minutes of release and resell them on Reverb for far more than I'm willing to spend so I'll probably never see one.
Doomsday Devices

G.G.

Kinda surprised they went with a power mode switch as a feature. I'm not familiar with running a TB at 12v.

LaceSensor

Quote from: Matmosphere on December 01, 2020, 11:47:57 PM
I'm guessing it is not cost an arm and a leg. I bet it'll be something like $100-150.

Cool idea. It's interesting to see Boss do these collaborations. I wonder what the circuit will actually be? I'd say I doubt it will be germanium, but if they are only making 500 maybe it will be.

Do you know how much Macaris sell/sold Tone Benders for?!
LOL

£499 for a Mk2
Thats $669

matmosphere

Quote from: LaceSensor on December 02, 2020, 05:49:12 AM
Quote from: Matmosphere on December 01, 2020, 11:47:57 PM

Do you know how much Macaris sell/sold Tone Benders for?!
LOL

£499 for a Mk2
Thats $669

Yes, I know. I don't think Boss would charge that.

G.G.

yeah I'll be interested to see if they can make it feel boutique but affordable.

"Available in a limited production run, each TB-2W features rare germanium transistors carefully tested for optimum tone, a three-way voltage selector, selectable true/buffered bypass operation, and a refined circuit design for ultra-consistent performance from pedal to pedal."

gordo

Gordy Power

Bio77

Quote from: G.G. on December 02, 2020, 06:43:18 AM
yeah I'll be interested to see if they can make it feel boutique but affordable.

"Available in a limited production run, each TB-2W features rare germanium transistors carefully tested for optimum tone, a three-way voltage selector, selectable true/buffered bypass operation, and a refined circuit design for ultra-consistent performance from pedal to pedal."

That true bypass statement is interesting, I wonder if it has a relay.  When I first saw this, I thought it was kind of weird to make a TB with a buffer and a flip-flop switch   :o

After building for awhile now, it's always annoying for me to look at new commercial pedals and try to guess what they are.  Why can't they just have a gut shot ? ;D

lars

Quote from: Invertiguy on December 02, 2020, 12:13:23 AM
In any event, it's almost not worth worrying about since scalpers will buy them all up within minutes of release and resell them on Reverb for far more than I'm willing to spend so I'll probably never see one.
I agree with this statement, only you're timing is wrong. These will be gone within negative 10 seconds of being available.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

jjjimi84

I cant believe that there are pedal scalpers, a weird thought to me and those people are scummy.

It is a cool collaboration and I am sure will be expensive as hell. Here are some videos they released today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L7julS0SkY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHQqgHNUbpM

gordo

The dude playing in the first video is so annoying I wanted to strangle him.  It was hard to listen to the guy talking with all that buzzy wanking going on in the background.
Gordy Power

Thewintersoldier

Honestly, I've seen and heard better builds here. It's cool to see a collaboration of old and new still. It would be funny if it turned out to be boss cosm technology lol
Who the hell is Bucky?