News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Boss/Sola Sound Pedal

Started by jjjimi84, December 01, 2020, 05:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: jjjimi84 on December 03, 2020, 02:44:16 PM
I cant believe that there are pedal scalpers, a weird thought to me and those people are scummy.

No different than the people that get the pre-sale tickets for the latest video game consoles for $450-500 and then turn around and sell them for $800-900 when they are first released.

We have people in my area that are buying up all of the Lysol cleaning products and re-selling for 2-3x the price online. Pittiful!

jimilee

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on December 04, 2020, 04:04:59 AM
I cant believe that there are pedal scalpers, a weird thought to me and those people are scummy.

No different than the people that get the pre-sale tickets for the latest video game consoles for $450-500 and then turn around and sell them for $800-900 when they are first released.

We have people in my area that are buying up all of the Lysol cleaning products and re-selling for 2-3x the price online. Pittiful!
That was an issue here for a little while, but then people started getting busted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: jimilee on December 04, 2020, 06:11:28 AM
That was an issue here for a little while, but then people started getting busted.

Haha. Not here! Hell, we have private citizens selling 60-day temporary registrations for ANY vehicle (must have a cash app) for $150  :o

Tell me how THAT works?

jimilee

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on December 04, 2020, 07:19:07 AM
Quote from: jimilee on December 04, 2020, 06:11:28 AM

Haha. Not here! Hell, we have private citizens selling 60-day temporary registrations for ANY vehicle (must have a cash app) for $150  :o

Tell me how THAT works?
Jeeesus, that's insanity. I guess the government there is just as corrupt?

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Muadzin

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on December 04, 2020, 04:04:59 AM

That's capitalism for you. Where there's insane demand for something, somebody will find a way to profit from it. Although in the case of the gaming console, a totally unnecessary product, you get what you are willing to pay for. Early adopters always pay full price if not more. Which is why I will never be one.

gordo

Agreed.  I don't even buy new cars anymore. 
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

thesmokingman

I assume the temporary tags for sale is probably somewhere tax abusive like Virginia where not only is personal property taxed like a mofo but if you get delinquent on anything they tack on that DMV stop that keeps you from renewing as well 

I'd also like to note exactly how off-topic this has gotten, in case anyone is keeping score

re: the boss tonebender ... I mean, I want it and all but I don't think I'd have the wallet to run with them bulls
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

diablochris6

Quote from: thesmokingman on December 09, 2020, 03:42:14 PM
I'd also like to note exactly how off-topic this has gotten, in case anyone is keeping score

Things haven't gotten too far off topic. We haven't brought up trapping armadillos yet.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

matmosphere

Quote from: diablochris6 on December 09, 2020, 03:56:56 PM
Quote from: thesmokingman on December 09, 2020, 03:42:14 PM

Things haven't gotten too far off topic. We haven't brought up trapping armadillos yet.

Good point, thanks Chris. So how do you go about trapping an Armadillo?

rockola

Quote from: Matmosphere on December 09, 2020, 11:27:35 PM
Good point, thanks Chris. So how do you go about trapping an Armadillo?

If there ever was a job best left to professionals, it's that one.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2011/04/yes-you-can-get-leprosy-armadillo

Tremster

jjjimi84

I listened to the premier guitar demo and was not 350 dollars impressed. Cant say i was even 60 dollars impressed

lars

Quote from: jjjimi84 on February 26, 2021, 04:27:40 AM
I listened to the premier guitar demo and was not 350 dollars impressed. Cant say i was even 60 dollars impressed
Crazy Tube Circuits Constellation CV7003. Check that one out.
It absolutely obliterates the Boss in this "boutique limited edition" fuzz category.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

flanagan0718

I'm not surprised this costs $350. Look at all the other "Waza" stuff that boss released. It's a money grab. When I saw that this was going to be released I pretty much wrote it off. Just like the Zvex / Chase Bliss pedal. Nothing against those guys but their prices are WAY too high and I will never own one of their pedals because of it.
-Mike-

matmosphere

Quote from: flanagan0718 on March 01, 2021, 10:59:23 AM
I'm not surprised this costs $350. Look at all the other "Waza" stuff that boss released. It's a money grab. When I saw that this was going to be released I pretty much wrote it off. Just like the Zvex / Chase Bliss pedal. Nothing against those guys but their prices are WAY too high and I will never own one of their pedals because of it.
-Mike-

Yeah, I have doubts that I'll ever spend that much on a guitar again, let alone a pedal.